Kevin Ryan's Kanban Workshop (KANBAN-WORKSHOP-02-02)
CODE: KANBAN-WORKSHOP-02-02 DURATION: 2 DAY/S
Kanban is an agile process methodology built upon the principles of lean thinking. As a project management discipline, it is intended to maximise value, eliminate waste and foster learning within the development organisation. Kanban is a lightweight framework that can be applied across the entire application lifecycle and one which mitigates some of the challenges associated with scaling agile delivery.
This Kanban Workshop will introduce you to skills and practices that will enable
risk management, information generation and technical delivery. We explore how to apply lean and Kanban to maximise value, reduce lead times and create a culture of continuous improvement.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Facilitate agile inception, development and support with Kanban
- Maintain consistent technical delivery
- Manage the challenges of agility at scale
- Coordinate multiple teams towards a common goal
- Create an environment of continuous improvement
- Measure productivity rather than activity
Foundation (Day 1)
- Lean principles
- Kanban fundamentals
- Kanban core competencies
Team level (Day 1)
- Team structure
- Measurement and reporting
- Team level Kanban exercise
Open discussion and clinic (Day 1)
- Informal debate and discussion
- Kanban clinic
Programme level (Day 2)
- Agility at scale
- Distributed Kanban
- Programme leadership workflow
- Programme cohesion workflow
Portfolio level (Day 2)
- Portfolio visualisation
- Product enhancement and project prioritisation
- Service demand and delivery
- Enterprise dependency management
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kevin has more than fourteen years commercial experience in the design and development of enterprise scale software applications. He is the author of both the Dynamic Range and Limited Days estimation techniques and is principal contributor to the IT
More about Kevin Ryan
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
If you are a programme manager, project manager, technical lead or architect and you would like to learn how to apply lean and Kanban to maximise value, reduce lead times and create a culture of continuous improvement, this is the course for you.
COURSE LABS & EXERCISES
This Kanban workshop features a mixture of lectures, discussions and exercises.
© Copyright 2003-2013, Skills Matter Ltd