kanban is an emerging process framework for software development with a long and proven history in manufacturing and new product design. In Martine Devos' Coaching kanban for Teams course, you will learn to master the elements of kanban, from start to more advanced concepts.
You will learn how to use kanban as a Lean framework that helps continuous improvement, reduce work in progress, and increase efficiency with a light-weight process.
Upon completion of this kanban course, you will understand how to use kanban not only within the boundaries of your software development environment but also beyond (eg in operations and maintenance environments). Also you will understand how to introduce kanban principles and practices to boost productivity of both traditional and agile teams.
You will also receive a free copy of Leading Lean Software Development: Results are Not the Point
to take away!
During this 2-day course, we will use lectures, discussions and exercises to explain why there is a lot of interest in kanban right now in the agile software development community and in more traditional project management environments.
There is no fixed order or programme for this class, but we will cover some or more of the following questions and topics:
- What is kanban and what value does it add to scrum?
- Where do Scrum and kanban complement each other?
- Are there potential conflicts?
- Is kanban easier to implement than Scrum in a more traditional culture?
- How to get started with kanban
- Designing our first kanban board
- Working with service level agreements
- Solving bottlenecks
- Advanced risk management with classes of service
- Reporting and detailed metrics
- Multifunctional team or specialism
- kanban or Scrum/Agile
- kanban boards with maintenance, distributed and difficult situations
- Continuous improvement and learning (Kaizen and root cause analysis) cases