Looking for Uncle Bob's 2-day version of this course (with different dates and locations?) - click here
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organisation to its knees. Every year, countless hours and significant resources are lost because of poorly written code. But it doesn't have to be that way?
In this three-day Clean Code Workshop you will learn the principles and practices of Clean Code as described in Robert C. Martin's book:
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
. You will also receive this book as part of the course materials.
This Clean Code course alternates between lecture and exercise so that you can experience, first-hand, the practices and disciplines of these fundamental topics.
- Professionalism, Craftsmanship, and Clean Code.
- Choosing Meaningful Names
- Writing Clean Functions
- The Proper Use of Comments
- Coding Style and Formatting
- Object Oriented Programming vs. Procedural Programming.
- Error Handling
- Boundaries between Subsystems
- Unit testing, and Test Driven Development
- Writing Clean Classes
- Plan vs. Emergence
- Smells and Heuristics.