HTML5 is the next major milestone in HTML and it is not just another incremental enhancement; it represents an enormous advance for modern web applications. HTML5 is such a big step forward; everybody is talking about it (and how often do these companies agree on anything at all?):
"The Web has not seen this level of transformation, this level of acceleration, in the past ten years… we're betting big on HTML5." - Vic Gundotra, VP of Engineering, Google
"The world is moving to HTML5." - Steve Jobs, Apple
"If you want to do something universal, there is no question, the world is going HTML5. That is clear...The world is just pushing down this HTML5 path and so are we." - Steve Ballmer, CEO Microsoft
Over the course of three action-packed days, HTML5 Mobile Mastery covers all the new features in HTML5 with an eye toward practical applications, especially for mobile application development. The
course aims to be highly practical, outlining current browser support, trends in the
market, common gotchas, and how to make the new features work in older browsers.
In Richard Clark's hands-on HTML5 Mobile Mastery course, you will learn how to enhance existing
sites and create highly interactive web applications using HTML5. Upon completion of the
training course, you will be able to:
- Create interactive server-side and client-side web pages using the latest HTML5
- Reuse HTML content in multiple contexts, including across multiple browsers, screen
sizes, and orientations.
- Create pages the securely combine information from multiple sources
- Design and construct complete, scalable client-server applications running across the
- Maintain backward compatibility with legacy browsers.
- The training course covers HTML5, application architecture, and application development