Dmitry Buzdin's Advanced Google Web Toolkit: Large-Scale GWT Development (GWT-ADV-01-02)
CODE: GWT-ADV-01-02 DURATION: 2 DAY/S
Dmitry Buzdin's 2-day Advanced Google Web Toolkit: Large-Scale GWT Development will provide a set of advanced patterns and practices for attendees with existing GWT hands-on experience on how to design and implement production-ready, large-scale applications. The important topics, which are discussed during the course are security, performance, integration with existing frameworks and technologies (Spring, JPA2). The course is based on real-world experience and state-of-the-art approaches used in latest GWT framework versions.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Build complex applications using MVP approach
- Implement server communication layer
- Build application navigation concept
- Design GWT applications for scalability and performance
- Improve performance of the GWT applications
- Integrate with common enterprise technologies
- Ensure security in GWT applications
- Large-Scale Systems
- What are Large-Scale Systems Exactly?
- Browser as a Platform
- Concept of Stateless Design
- How GWT Fits into the Picture?
- Organizing Application Code
- Decoupling Functionality via Model-View-Presenter (MVP)
- Dependency Injection in GWT
- Event Bus Usage
- Widget Data Binding
- Navigation Concept
- Communicating with the Server
- Patterns and Protocols
- Performance Considerations
- Integration with Enterprise Technologies
- Spring Integration
- JPA2 Integration
- Alternative Technology Stacks
- Designing for Performance
- Common Performance Pitfalls
- Measuring Performance
- Problem Identification
- Improving Performance (rendering, memory usage, network traffic etc.)
- Security Considerations
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Input Validation
- Integration with Existing Systems
- Browser Level Integration
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dmitry is a coding architect specializing in Rich Internet Application development. He maintains a blog on GWT and Agile and has spend the last three years on development of GWT based projects.
More about Dmitry Buzdin
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
If you are a Java or C# developer and want to learn how to design and implement large-scale applications using GWT and also learn how to write and improve your GWT application code base to gain performance and maintenance benefits, this Advanced Google Web Toolkit: Large-Scale GWT Development course is for you!
COURSE LABS & EXERCISES
During the Advanced Google Web Toolkit: Large-Scale GWT Development course we will be developing a real web application as well as tuning existing provided code samples.
© Copyright 2003-2013, Skills Matter Ltd