Went to the London Clojure eXchange? Here's something special just for you...
Give us a call on 02071839040 or an email to info@skillsmatter and get 50% off your booking.
Rapidly get up-to-speed with Clojure for solving real-world problems. Clojure is a pragmatic language that offers a simpler approach; this course offers the fastest route to proficiency with this young and exciting JVM language.
The course will teach you the fundamentals of Clojure, through exercises based on some of the real-world problems that Clojure excels at tackling. The course is a full immersion to the Clojure philsophy, it will be an intensive two days!
Day 1 - Foundation
We will provide a foundation overview of all the important Clojure language concepts, this will include:
- Getting started with Clojure. Basic syntax and the read-eval-print-loop (REPL)
- Composing and using Clojure functions and namespaces
- Basics of Clojure/Java interop
- Using Clojure's common special forms such as if, let, cond, for with destructuring
- Core data-structures: lists, vectors, maps, sets
- Sequences, the sequence contract, lazy sequences
- Operations on sequences including map, reduce, filter
- Functional composition and higher-order functions
Day 2 - Immersion
Day 2 will consolidate and build on the foundations of Day 1 with more advanced material and more exercises worked through by individuals and as a group. We will explore some more of the Clojure language features such as:
- Using macros, such as commonly used threading macros
- Sequences revisited
- Clojure's concurrency toolbox: atoms, refs, vars, agents, futures, delays and promises
- Testing with clojure.test and Midje