Skills Matter is pleased to support the 10th annual Agile Business Conference, taking place in London on October 10th - 11th 2012!
The Agile Business Conference is a major, two-day 4-track annual event held in London, providing a single forum for everyone interested in the effective application of Agile across the Public and Private Sectors.
In 2012 we invite you to join us and to celebrate the Tenth Anniversary of the ABC. Throughout the decade we have continually evolved and adapted to provide a unique forum for business, management and technical personnel to learn, share knowledge, network and source Agile Services.
And so our theme this year reflects the First Agile Decade; the maturity, evolution and reality of Agile as the de-facto standard for the management, development and delivery of Projects, Programmes and Products in the 21st Century, in the Public and Private Sectors.
The ABC10 programme will include:
- How to Evaluate and Start Agile
- How to Learn, Review and Improve Agile
- Agile Governance, Project Management and Co-existence
- How to roll-out Agile to the Enterprise and/or across Geographies
ABC10 provides you with the opportunity to meet with experts, attend keynote presentations, participate in workshops and interactive sessions, and network with experienced Business and Technical practitioners who are already delivering Agile across organisations.
Learn about established Agile management philosophies and qualifications, leadership in an Agile environment and how to overcome the challenges in adopting Agile – including Agile in highly regulated sectors.
Who should attend? CEOs, CIOs, IT Directors, Programme Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Change Leaders and Managers, Business Analysts, Team Leaders, Procurement Professionals ………..
We very much look forward to welcoming you to ABC10 – and celebrating the First Agile Decade with us.
PROGRAMME DAY 1
Highlights of the first day include:
- Is Agile solving more problems than it is creating?! - Laurence Wood and Chris Pratt
- Messy Coherence: Situating AGILE within the organisation - Dave Snowden
- Using Corporate Social Media for Agile Adoption Success - Julian Holmes
- Agile Out Sourcing – Making it work for customers and Suppliers - Ian Spence and Gareth Richardson
- Gaining traceability in the world of fragmented Agile ALM stacks - DR. Mik Kersen
- Using Scrum in Escalation (Support and Maintenance) Teams - Tony Giaracuni and James Bruce
- The Eleven Essential Behaviours of Sucessful Agile Teams - Colin Weaver
Full details of day one can be found at agileconference.org
DAY 1 SPECIAL SESSION
Software Development: Effective contract metrics for delivering business value
Presentation – 80 minutes with an opportunity to ask questions
Speakers: Susan Atkinson and Gabrielle Benefield
Although Agile techniques have been successful in delivering software more cost-effectively and on time, there is a general frustration growing regarding the quality of the resulting code. For some the technical debt is rising to unacceptable levels; for others the resulting software is simply not delivering sufficient business value. We are of the view that many of these problems arise from how management measures and tracks the software development project, which is relevant both for internal projects and for projects outsourced to a third party. We look at how we can get smarter in delivering true business value. Full details of this session and speaker bios can be found at agileconference.org/day-1-special-session/
PROGRAMME DAY 2
Highlights of day 2 include:
- Governance Friend or Foe? - Simon Baker and Gus Power
- ‘Water – Scrum – Fall’ An Agile reality for Lloyds Banking Group - Manav Mehan
- Overcoming Self-oganisation Blocks - Andrea Provaglio
Full details of the programme for day 2 plus speaker bios can be found at agileconference.org/programme/october-11th-2012/
TICKETS & REGISTRATION
Registration is open!
Ticket prices are as follows:
2-day Conference Ticket.......................£650
2-day Early Bird (book by 31 July).....£520
1-day Conference Ticket.......................£350
1-day Early Bird (book by 31 July)......£280
Full terms, booking form and discounts (for DSDM Members and Public Sector) information can be found at agileconference.org/programme/registration-types/
SKILLS MATTER COMMUNITY DISCOUNT
Skills Matter members receive an extra 10% discount off all ticket prices! Quote promocode SkillsMatter2012 when booking and if you book before July 31st, you will be able to combine early bird and the Skills Matter discount!
Want to get involved in the discussion? Join the conversation and get all the latest conference updates by following @agilebc12 on Twitter.