Application Cache is a new HTML5 feature that can be used to create offline applications and dramatically speed up your web applications’ by prefetching your sites’ assets.
Come and learn about this exciting HTML5 feature from HTML5 expert and trainer Peter Lubbers, co-author of the recently released book Pro HTML5 Programming and co-founder of the San Francisco HTML5 User Group.
Peter has been working with offline applications a lot and he is very excited about it. There are a few tricky aspects to it as well as some common misconceptions, so he would love to share all his recent findings so that you don’t have to repeat the same mistakes.
Peter will guide you through everything you need to know to use Application Cache in your web sites and applications. He will also be giving live demos and cover some best practices, tips, and tricks. We have allotted plenty of time for questions (including the ones you were afraid to ask!). You will leave with practical information that you can start using immediately.
You will learn about:
- The new HTML5 manifest file
- Demystifying the CACHE, NETWORK, and FALLBACK sections
- How to serve up the manifest file with the correct mime type (on all the major web servers)
- Best practices, tips, and tricks for deploying and debugging offline web apps
- Browser support for Application Cache and current browser bugs
- Available developer tools for analyzing Application Cache
- Using the Application Cache events
- Online and offline status detection
- Get a chance to win cool prizes, including a copy of Peter's new book ;-)
The sample code and some other handy filers will be made available online, so you can play around with it yourself.
Win a FREE Book
Apress is sponsoring this event and has sent a few copies of Peter's book Pro HTML5 Programming
. We'll give them way in a raffle after Peter's talk.