Skills Matter is pleased to support FP Days 2012 - the UK event for the Functional Programming community taking place in Cambridge on 25-26th October 2012!
Intended to be hands-on and interactive, FP day will give you the opportunity to share experiences with others, find out more about the latest tools and techniques available, network with your peers and have a thoroughly enjoyable experience.
CONFERENCE KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
The organisers have announced Francesco Cesarini (@FrancescoC) as a keynote speaker for this year's conference.
Keynote: What they do not teach you about running a business when taking your computer science degree
Francesco Cesarini is the founder of Erlang Solutions Ltd. He has used Erlang on a daily basis since 1995, starting as an intern at Ericsson’s computer science laboratory, the birthplace of Erlang. He moved on to Ericsson’s Erlang training and consulting arm working on the first release of OTP, applying it to turnkey solutions and flagship telecom applications. In 1999, soon after Erlang was released as open source, he founded Erlang Solutions, who have become the world leaders in Erlang based consulting, contracting, training and systems development.
The following speakers have also confirmed their participation in FP Days 2012:
- Vagif Abilov (@ooobject) - Playing functional Conway's game of life (F#)
- Adam Granicz (@granicz) - Functional Web and Mobile Applications with F# and WebSharper
- Edsko de Vries (@welltyped) - Hands-on Haskell Introduction
- Francesco Cesarini (@FrancescoC) - Hands-on Erlang Introduction
- Simon Marlow (@simonmar) - Concurrent Haskell
- John Stevenson (@jr0cket) - Building projects the humane way with Clojure
- Sam Aaron (@samaaron) - Hands-on Clojure session, Live Programming with Clojure talk
- Edmund Jackson (@edmundjackson) - An Introduction to Logic Programming on the JVM with core.logic
- Chris Maddox (@comaddoz) - Modularizing Services with Clojure
- Matthew Sackman (@hylomorphism) - Talk details to be announced
- Erik Hesselink (@ewhesselink) - Talk details to be announced
for the latest conference news and use the hashtag #fpdays
to tag your conference tweets.
SAVE MONEY AND GUARANTEE YOUR PLACE BY BOOKING NOW
Tickets are available here
now! Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We release tickets in batches and ticket prices increase as the event approaches.
SKILLS MATTER COMMUNITY DISCOUNT
Skills Matter members get 10% off ticket prices! Quote promotion code SMFP12
when booking online
CONTACT THE ORGANISERS
FPDays is organised by Software Acumen,
based in Cambridge, England. We specialize in practical events for the software community.
to contact us directly. We welcome your questions and comments.
You may also call +44 (0)1223 900107 if you have questions or comments about the event.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join the East of England software community at The Software East Network.