As a precursor to the DDD eXchange NYC
on September 17th, why not come along to this 1-day pre-conference DDD Tutorial to gain an insight in to DDD from the grandmaster of DDD - Eric Evans!
In Eric Evan's one day Domain Driven Design Tutorial you will learn the basic principles and processes needed to develop the right kind of models, tie them into implementation and business analysis, and deal with some of the realities of multi-team projects. Effective software teams take a torrent of information and knowledge about their subject matter (the domain) and distill it into a stream of quality software. Finding and exploiting domain models is a key to success in projects with complex domains.
LEARN HOW TO:
Build your awareness of the basic concepts and value of Domain-Driven Design (DDD) in one day.
- Understand what DDD is and when and why it is valuable to software intensive organizations.
- Overview the basic principles and processes needed develop the useful sort of models, tie them into implementation and business analysis, and place them within a viable, realistic strategy.
Morning: Ubiquitous Language & Model Discovery
Afternoon: Strategic Design
- What is DDD?
- What makes a model useful to a software project?
- Cultivation of a model-based language to connect domain experts, developers, and the code itself
- Exploratory interaction of technical and business people in the modeling process
- Aggregates: A taste of rigor. This pattern addresses, at the model level, the scaling of systems in complexity, performance, and distribution.
- Distilling the Core Domain: Focusing fine modeling and design into those subdomains where the organization distinguishes itself
- Clarifying a shared vision
- Context Mapping: A pragmatic approach to dealing with the diversity models and processes on real large projects with multi-team/multi-subsystem development.
- Combining the Core Domain and Context Map to illuminate Strategic Design options for a project.
IS THIS COURSE FOR YOU?
If you are seriously involved in software development and would like to learn the basic principles and processes needed to develop the right kind of models, tie them into implementation and business analysis, and deal with some of the realities of multi-team projects, this is the course for you!
To benefit from this Domain Driven Design workshop, you should have some experience of developing complex software systems and a basic understanding of object-oriented design and rudimentary UML.
You'll enjoy this workshop even more if you have experience of large scale application development involving object modeling and familiarity with iterative development processes, but this is not essential.
COURSE LABS & EXERCISES
This Domain Driven Design workshop combines lectures, simulation exercises and discussion, some of which will delve into the participants own cases, so you will gain an insight into the main issues of model-based development as well as a few new techniques and principles to apply to your own work.
DDD eXchange NYC - 17th Sept
Join Skills Matter and the father of DDD, Eric Evans, for the first DDD eXchange in NYC!
Experts and thought leaders join together with practitioners and enthusiasts for one of the stand out Software Architecture events in the calendar. This year's event in London featured Eric Evans, Greg Young and Vaughn Vernon -- and we expect NYC to be no less amazing!
For more information please click here!
Tickets are going
for $795, but if you book before September 10th, you can join the grandmaster of DDD in this intimate tutorial for just $676
Are you joining us? Excited? Share it!
I'm going to @ericevans0 #DDD Tutorial NYC Sep 16th Join me!http://bit.ly/EricEvansDDD