Skills Matter is pleased to support Mobile East, - a new event for people who want to learn how to build software for mobile platforms, taking place in Cambridge on 29th June.
Sign up to the mailing list or follow @MobileEast on Twitter to receive all conference announcements and special offers for participation..
The event programme contains 13 sessions from top mobile software practitioners.
CONFERENCE KEYNOTE SPEAKER
We're very pleased to welcome Julian Harty (Independent) as a conference keynote speaker.
A primer on testing and test automation for mobile phone applications
Mobile phones are ubiquitous and, since 2007, millions of us have changed our habits to use applications on our smartphones. We can find & download new applications immediately and even discard them a few minutes later. Some of us are involved in creating and testing these applications. This keynote provides a primer on ways to test mobile phone applications, both interactively and using test automation. We will cover the full software lifecycle; from creation to user-feedback for installed & web-based mobile applications.
The mobile apps world continues to evolve rapidly so join us to learn more about the testing challenges & practices for your mobile app world.
About Julian Harty
Julian has been actively involved in the software testing world since 1999 when he realised testing was one way to help deliver better software for the ultimate users. Over the years he has: run various companies; worked at Google for 4 years as a senior test engineer; and until recently was the Tester At Large at eBay. He’s now spending his time and energies with people, companies and projects that leverage technology to help people; where the technology adapts to and suits the users.
Much of his work is freely available online including: various opensource projects, training material, and notes on test automation for web & mobile applications. He wrote the first book on test automation for smartphone applications. And he has published articles, given tutorials and classes, globally, on testing & test automation. He’s also one of the editors, and the main author for the testing sections, for the popular Don’t Panic Mobile Developers Guide to the Galaxy book. The 10th edition was launched in February 2012. He’s currently writing the next book on testing and test automation for mobile phone apps. It’s a collaborative effort where hundreds of people have the opportunity to provide feedback and content. Email him firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to get involved.
OTHER CONFIRMED SPEAKERS
The list of speakers for Cloud East also includes:
- Dave Verwer (Shiny Development) - Hands-on Introduction to iOS Development
- Pete Goodliffe (Programmer/Author/Speaker/Mentor/Concencious coder)- Advanced iOS development
- Phil Nash (Independent)- Is it really possible to TDD iOS apps?
- Alexey Gusev (Touchnote) - Android Development
- Brian Long (Brian Long Consultancy & Training Services) - Developing for Android with Oxygene for Java
- Sam Martin (Geomerics) - Console quality lighting on mobiles
- Rob Chipperfield (Red Gate Software) - Is there an ideal model of development for business apps?
- Rachel Jones (Instrata) How to design the best User Experience
- Roger Attrill (Think UI) Mobile Last - Considering the mobile experience when it's too late for 'Mobile First'
- Elan Lennard (Global Graphics) - Going Native: How does a business make informed decisions around taking their desktop apps to the mobile world?
- Jan Jongboom (Cloud9 IDE) - Your browser is your SDK!
- Arosha K. Bandara (Open University) - See it, shake it, set it: privacy awareness and control for mobile applications
for the latest conference news and use the #mobieast
hashtag to tag your conference tweets.
BOOK NOW FOR BEST PRICES
for the event is now open. We release tickets in batches and prices increase as the event approaches. Save ££s by booking now. We take payment by credit card or invoice.
SKILLS MATTER COMMUNITY DISCOUNT
Quote promo code SkillsMatter1
to receive a 10% discount off ticket prices when you book online!
CONTACT THE ORGANISERS
Cloud East is organised by Software Acumen,
based in Cambridge, England. We specialize in practical events for the software community.
to contact us directly. We welcome your questions and comments.
You may also call +44 (0)1223 900107 if you have questions or comments about the event.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
Join the East of England software community at The Software East Network.