join our team to develop our sponsorship & developer outreach programme
helps a community of passionate developers, technologists and agilists learn and share skills
to write better software. We collaborate with the world's leading innovators in software and thousands of passionate developers meeting up at Skills Matter, to produce some 450 intensive workshops
, 500 talks & meetups, 2,000 hours worth of skillscast video's and 4 (quarterly) OSJ magazines per year.
We are 16 strong team and are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial business developer
to further develop the success
of our developer outreach services and sponsorship
Skills Matter has a proven sponsorship program that connects sponsors (great companies
like ThoughtWorks, FuseSource, Cake Solutions
and others) with Skills Matter's thriving community
of passionate software developers
. Sponsors get a unique, powerful way to build their brands, and show their innovative technology or projects to reach real people
in the real world
, by providing valuable content and sharing their expertise and skills. Skills Matter gets financial support so that we can keep producing thousands of opportunities
for our community to learn and share skills
to write better software
This is a great opportunity for a "non-sales salesperson" to get in the ground floor of new business built on top of a successful startup.
You will represent tens of thousands of passionate developers, architects and agilists by working with sponsors to develop programs that help make our events and content better while delivering on the sponsors' marketing objectives.
- You will be responsible for opening the doors to brands, agencies, and some really cool software development houses, to raise the awareness of our sponsorship program and then help them make the most of the opportunity.
- You will also handle in-bound sponsorship leads.
- You will deliver growing results/revenue from Sponsorships to support Skills Matter's mission: helping our community learn and share highly innovate skills to write better software.
requirements for success:
3+ years of proven superstardom in business development, integrated sales, social media consultation and/or sponsorship program development.
- An active interest in social media and how brands are using it.
- Recent contacts in the Tech industry, brands and agencies.
- Creative and results-focused consultative sales style.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever needs to be done.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Deep understanding of internet technology and culture.
- Inspired by Skills Matter's mission.
Compensation includes base salary, incentive cash compensation, and a great, inspiring work environment.
This position is located in our London headquarters and will require quite a bit of travel.
sounds exciting? get in touch!
If the profile above describes you and you work well in a fast-paced, open and creative environment, then get your skates on and send us a cover email and CV
! In your cover email, please clearly explain why you think you can make a difference in this job and why you would like to work with us, both illustrated with some examples to demonstrate your point.