helps a community of passionate developers, technologists and agilists learn and share skills
to write better software. We collaborate with the world's leading innovators in software and thousands of passionate developers
meeting up at Skills Matter, to produce some 450 intensive workshops, 500 talks
& meetups, 2,000 hours worth of skillscast video's
and 4 (quarterly) OSJ magazines per year.
We are on a continuous quest to find computer science, new media or film students
, passionate in either technology or video production to join our team of Skills Casters responsible for filming and broadcasting the thousands of technical talks and meetups we host at Skills Matter
ready for our global community to access and enjoy online.
- are a Computer Science, New Media or Film Student,
- are looking to combine your passion to learn with the need to earn,
- are a people person who can talk to anyone; both flexible and fearless,
- are self-aware, well-spoken, a great listener,
- posses an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to roll up your sleeves,
- are available to work evenings and occasional daytimes/weekends
- and, most importantly, are able to assume responsibility for successfully producing our SkillsCast videos,
then we would love to hear from you!
We have some great opportunities
, passionate graduates
to get stuck in, help us deliver events and SkillsCast Content as part of a successful start-up
If you help us with the content production and some of the logistics at one of our day-time conferences, you'll be expected to join us at 7am-4pm or (10am-6pm) and we aim to upload SkillsCast video content on the cloud within one hour from the talk.
- Learn - Attend evening expert talks as well as day time conferences that match your interest area
- Help - the logistics team with the set-up of the room and equipment
- Meet - talk participants from 18:00-18:30 (events can attract an audience of between 20-200 depending on the topic and speaker)
- Film - the event - held from 18:30. Events usually finish at around 20:30.
- Tidy - the room, clearing away equipment, empty cups and make the room ready for events scheduled for the next day
- Write - a brief summary of the talk the next day(1-2 paragraphs only)
- Convert - the SkillsCast video in web format
- Publish - the SkillsCast video on our dedicated cloud service, within 24 hours from recording and send your talk summary to Skills Matter's marketing team.
learn & earn
In exchange Skills Matter offers the following package:
- We'll provide full training in all aspects of the role including how to film, edit and convert footage, code and slides
- We'll sync your schedule with the talks that match your interest as much as we can
- On top of your hourly wages, you will receive one day's worth of free training on any Skills Matter expert led course, for every 12 accepted SkillsCasts produced by you
This is an internship with a twist. You will not only learn from the events
you record, you'll also interact closely with the experts.
On top of that, you'll be exposed to the many tech companies
that come through Skills Matter's door each day. This gig offers you the chance to network and get to know like-minded members of the developers community.
Get that head start in your final year, so you'll hit the ground running
once you've finished Uni and are ready to enter the job market. Our SkillsCasters have gone on to excellent positions!
Every member of the Skills Matter Team is expected to be an Innovator; a Collaborator; a Champion for their ideas; an Expert; Graceful and Dedicated to our mission to help our community learn and share skills to innovate and write better software.
sounds exciting? get in touch!
If you work well in such an environment, if the flexible hours and objectives of this role suit you, then get your skates on and send us a cover email and CV
In your cover email
, please clearly explain why you think you can make a difference in this job and why you would like to work with us. Please provide some examples to illustrate your suitability. Also, tell us a little more about the specific technologies or agile practices that interest you. And of course, provide your contact details so that we can arrange an interview.