WANT TO LEARN MORE? THEN CHECK OUT OUR EXPERT WORKSHOPS!
MongoDB for Administrators and Operations
course covers everything a database administrator needs to know to
successfully deploy and maintain MongoDB databases and shard clusters.
In addition to deployment and maintenance, course topics will include
diagnosing performance issues, importing and exporting data, and
establishing the proper backup and restore routines. We'll present ideal
hardware configurations and discuss common pitfalls for new
deployments. The course also includes an overview of the MongoDB CRUD
API, the command shell, and the drivers. Find out more here
MongoDB for Developers
This two-day course spans the MongoDB gamut, covering CRUD, schema design, performance tuning, map-reduce, replication, and sharding.
This course prepares you to:
- Understand the MongoDB command shell, query API, and driver tools.
- Design schemas that take advantage of the document data model and of MongoDBís core features.
- Understand how typical RDBMS schemas can be migrated to MongoDB.
- Build efficient indexes and troubleshoot slow queries.
- Configure both master/slave replication and replica sets.
- Determine when to set up a shard cluster and how to configure it.
- Troubleshoot common issues and failure scenarios.
Find out more here
NoSQL eXchange 2011
Skills Matter is hosting the first annual NoSQL eXchange this November. Jim Webber has kindly agreed to be the Programme Lead for this conference, and together we are working on a plan for 7 speaker slots in one day -- featuring talks covering MongoDB/CouchDB, Cassandra, Riak, and Neo4J. Follow #nosqlx for programme updates, and find out more here
Ian Robinson and Jim Webber's Neo4J Tutorial
"Graph databases like Neo4j are an esoteric and powerful member of the NOSQL family. For highly connected data, graph databases can be thousands of times faster than relational databases, making Neo4j popular for managing complex data across many domains from finance to social, and telecoms to geospatial. This intensive two-day tutorial provides a mixture of theory and hands-on practical sessions to demonstrate the capabilities of graph data and the Neo4j database. Find out more here