London Java Community:Performance Special Interest Group
Performance Special Interest Group|
This event brings together some of Londonís top performance experts and gives you the opportunity to ask them questions about topics of your choice. The questions could be about a variety of topics.
In order to submit a question tweet a question with the hashtag #ljcperfpanel. The discussion should be suitable for any member to attend.
- Performance problems you've encountered when developing software.
- What methodologies should you use when diagnosing a problem?
- How to fit performance testing and tuning into your normal development methodology.
- Tools and software: anything from NoSQL databases and concurrent messaging frameworks to sun.misc.Unsafe.
Joining Peter Larey will be Manik Surtani and Jeremy Whiting.
Manik is a core R&D engineer at JBoss, Red Hat's middleware division. He is the founder of the Infinispan project, and Platform Architect of the JBoss Data Grid. He is also the spec lead of JSR 347 (Data Grids for the Java Platform), and represents Red Hat on the Expert Group of JSR 107 (Temporary caching for Java). His interests lie in cloud and distributed computing, big data and NoSQL, autonomous systems and highly available computing.
Jeremy Whiting is a Senior Software Engineer working at Red Hat in the JBoss middleware division. Currently in the Performance team and previously on the JBoss Transactions team. He is a technical representative for Red Hat on the Java committee of the Standardised Performance Evaluation Corporation. Participating in the the development of standardised performance benchmarks and peer review of published results. Performance analysis and tuning of open source operating systems and JEE middleware is a great challenge which he relishes.
WANT TO LEARN MORE? THEN CHECK OUT OUR EXPERT WORKSHOPS!
SpringSource's Core Spring: Developing with the Spring Framework
Want to find out more?
- This course taught by long-term Spring committer and expert Russ Miles. Russ was one of the original team of consultants at SpringSource where he was instrumental in delivering high profile clientís business critical applications and contributing to the success of a number of SpringSource projects.
- This course is the flagship Spring Framework training delivered in partnership with SpringSource, a division of VMware.
- In this course, you will build a Spring-powered Java application that demonstrates the Spring Framework and other Spring technologies in Spring, like Spring AOP and Spring Security in an intensely productive, hands-on setting.
- Completion of this training entitles each student to receive a free voucher to schedule an exam at a Pearson VUE Center to become a Spring Certified Professional.