At this event, around 10+ Tech Companies will pitch their coding projects in a series of 5-minute lightning sessions to software developers looking for interesting, agile projects using progressive technologies.
ThoughtWorks - The custom software experts. A company wholly devoted to the art and science of custom software. We make it, and we make our clients better at it. Our bottom line is to design and deliver software fast and predictably. Doing enterprise-scale software is tough, but the returns to those organizations that can deliver – on target – are tremendous. ThoughtWorks' products division offers tools to manage the entire Agile development lifecycle through its Adaptive ALM solution™, comprised of Mingle®, Go® and Twist®. ThoughtWorks employs 1,700 professionals to serve clients from offices in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Germany, India, the United Kingdom and the United States.
We lead the industry in rapid, reliable and efficient custom software development. When you need an expert partner to help you get ahead and stay ahead of the competition, get in touch.
We are now recruiting for QAs, UI, XD, BAs and DevOps to join the ThoughtWorks team. Full details of job specs can be found at thoughtworks.com
Get on our wavelength
While we’re looking for strong skills in our core languages, what’s equally important is your intellectual curiosity and appetite for solving problems. You’ll be drawn by the idea of often working alongside people who wrote the book on the things that interest you. And you’ll share our fascination with design patterns, refactoring, continuous integration, TDD and Agile. We want people who can translate their passion for great software into concrete value for clients. If you’ve got it, you’ll get the way we work.
Break free from the mainstream
We tackle complex, mission-critical applications like many other software companies. But that’s where the similarity ends. Our approach is grounded in our roots as a pioneer in Agile development. Which is why we don’t subscribe to traditional corporate life. As a community of intellectual free thinkers, we’re always looking for different and better ways of doing stuff. Our aim is always to create immediate and visible value, a fact that’s not lost on the growing number of customers who see us as a trusted partner. We’re not your average company, so don’t expect to find average people working here.
So to be considered you'll have experience of the following:
And you'll want to:
- Delivery experience within complex, enterprise environments using Java J2EE, C# or Ruby on Rails - a technical test will be involved!
- Have worked across the whole SDLC including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large scale custom built object-oriented applications
- Strong OO design skills, including good design patterns knowledge
- Interest in or experience of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming (XP) and Scrum
- Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Worked in a forward looking environment using techniques such as test driven development and continuous integration
- Strong communication and client-facing skills with the ability to work in a consulting environment
- Join a consultancy that's at the forefront of technology and methodology innovation
- Work with clients and their teams to provide real business value
- Create complex, enterprise-transforming business applications as a member of diverse, high energy teams
- Continually learn and develop
- Work with the latest open source tools
ABOUT THE FIND YOUR NINJA PROJECT
We are organising some evening events, dedicated to help development teams find new colleagues, and where developers (and project or product managers, architects, testers..) can find out about some really cool projects.
More about the Find Your Ninja Project
This session took part at the Cool Projects in June . You can view the other 6 podcasts here.