Spend a full day to understand both the theory and practice of Internet PKI. Based on the book Bulletproof SSL and TLS. We’ll start with the basics and the theory, then discuss how the PKI is implemented in the real world, and finish with a practical example of a realistic private certification authority. The course is taught in small classes.
Why This Course is for You
- Learn about key PKI standards and formats
- Understand where practice differs from theory
- Analyze certificate lifecycle in detail
- Evaluate PKI weaknesses and how they affect you
- Deploy robust protection using public key pinning
- Learn about what's coming in the future
- Practise what you've learned
By the end of the day you will have built a fully-functioning private CA—with multiple intermediate CAs and revocation—using a method that you can easily replicate.
This course is for system administrators, developers, and IT security professionals who wish to learn the theory and practice of Internet PKI.
- Level: Intermediate
- Duration: 1 day
- Extras: Lunch and refreshments included
About a month prior to the course we'll send you a digital copy of Bulletproof SSL and TLS, our comprehensive guide to SSL/TLS and Internet PKI. You'll get the paper copy on the day. We'll also give you a bunch of exercises and a hardcopy of the slides.
- Basic Linux command line skills: moving about, invoking commands, editing configuration files
- A laptop with a modern browser (Chrome or Firefox) and a SSH client, which you will only need to connect to your assigned virtual server.
- You should be comfortable using a command-line editor.
We'll provide you with your own virtual server and a sample web application to work on throughout the course.
In August 2015, Skills Matter opened the doors to CodeNode, our new 23,000 sqft Tech Events and Community venue. CodeNode provides fantastic meetup, conference, training and collaboration spaces with unrivalled technology capabilities for our tech, digital and developer communities - a long held dream coming true !
With fantastic transport links and located in the heart of London's Tech City, we could not think of a better location for our 60,000 strong engineering community!
With seven event rooms, including a 300 seater lecture room, thousands more community members will be able to visit CodeNode to learn and share skills, code and collaborate on projects.
CodeNode features a 5,000 sqft break-out space, complete with fully-licensed bar, plenty of power sockets, meeting and collaboration spaces and entertainment areas.
CodeNode will also see the opening of a permanent Hack Space, stacked with microprocessors and the latest tools and devices to play with. A community film studio will be opening too, which you can use to record any tutorials or demo's you may want to share with our community.
If you're interested in hiring CodeNode for your upcoming event, check out more details here.
Hold tight, skillscasts coming soon!