In this 3-day Spring Hibernate training you will learn how to create effective data-driven Spring applications with Hibernate.
The training shows the use of both XML and annotation based configuration of both Spring and Hibernate. Through our training, you benefit from the wide experience and architectural expertise of our team. We bring that experience to you in a highly interactive, intensely hands-on setting.
Learn how to:
- Configure Hibernate in the context of a Spring application
- Create efficient object/relational mappings with Hibernate
- Leverage the Spring Framework to facilitate Hibernate session, transaction and exception management
- Use Hibernate with Spring and understand fundamental architectural issues. Know how and when to use parts of the Spring Framework
Day 1: Spring Framework Foundations
- Introduction to Spring
- Using Spring to configure an application
- Simplifying application configuration
- Annotation-based dependency injection
- Simplifying JDBC-based data access with Spring - Driving database transactions in a Spring environment
Day 2: Using the Hibernate ORM
- Introducing object-to-relational mapping (ORM)
- Getting started with Hibernate in a Spring environment
- Using JPA annotations and Hibernate XML
- Inheritance: considerations and trade-offs
- Defining custom user-types for Value Objects
- Using queries: HQL, criteria API, native (SQL)
- Hibernate in web applications: open session in view
- Using the different Java collection mappings
- Using joins and components to go beyond naïve class to table mappings
Day 3: Hibernate Internals and Configuration
- Working with Hibernate objects
- Lazy loading and detached objects
- Optimistic and pessimistic locking
- Mixing Hibernate and JDBC
- Performance tuning
- Advanced Features: interceptors, schema generation, caching, batching
Are you a developer interested in learning how to create effective data-driven Spring applications with Hibernate?
This SpringSource's Hibernate with Spring Workshop is for you!
- Be able to create basic Java web applications
- Have a basic understanding of JDBC and relational database concepts
Bring your own hardware
Delegates are requested to bring their own laptop for this course, with Java 6 installed. If you are unable to bring a laptop for the course, please contact the sales team on +44 20 7183 9040, or email us.
A full installation guide for the course software will be provided with your course joining instructions.