Become an effective Scrum Master with this 2 day workshop by Agile expert Martine Devos, where you will explore the principles and empirical process theory underpinning the Scrum framework, and the role of the Scrum Master. This course is ideal for anyone supporting a software development team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
Leading a Scrum team is radically different from traditional project management. Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the Scrum facilitates, mentors and leads (as a team servant). In this intensive and highly interactive Certified Scrum Master workshop you will learn techniques and practices to support your team through product development and help the Product Owner to capture and manage valuable feature development through envisioning, refinement, good story conversations and confirmation tests. Plan and predict frequent, regular releases through to production and care.
You will also learn how to overcome obstacles in your existing Scrum practice, by exploring advanced communication practices which will positively impact your team events and ceremonies, stakeholder conversations and organisational agile mentoring. Discover advanced group facilitation and visualisation methods to invigorate your leadership and enhance team performance and motivation, and take advantage of Martine’s vast experience to brainstorm solutions for your existing blockers.
This is a highly practical course. You will be engaged in group discussions and experiential learning and will focus on real life problems from trainer case studies and delegate experience to put Scrum theory into practice to develop takeaways which you will be able to use on your own projects.
This course includes a copy of Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process by Kenneth S. Rubin.
Upon completion, you will be able to share your experiences with your colleagues and support your team with the successful delivery of products by using Scrum effectively and productively. You will also be registered with our partner Scrum Alliance to complete your Scrum Master certification via a short test, and gain the benefits of a two-year membership. (Membership is included in the cost of your course).
The Scrum Alliance maintains a defined curriculum and learning objectives to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide, and Martine Devos and Skills Matter are dedicated to ensuring that technical practices are up to date with the latest state of the art.
Learn how to:
- Apply the principles and values of agile and scrum (brief recap)
- Choose and use practical approaches to increasing adaptability and productivity, while increasing customer and management satisfaction
- Use short feedback cycles and run engaging retrospectives
- Adapt techniques for applying Scrum to larger and distributed teams (brief intro to LeSS and one page SAFe)
- Use estimates and plan activities to improve understanding and optimise sprints
- Reduce technical debt and fix legacy problems
- Banish obscure "technical" backlog items or user stories
PMI members can claim up to 14 PDU's upon completion of this course!
Successful achievement of Certified Scrum Master will be recognised as a valid qualification for organisations wishing to acquire Microsoft ALM Gold Partner status.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be enrolled as a Certified ScrumMaster. This includes a two-year Scrum Alliance membership! All CSMs are required to pass a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) online certification exam to maintain certification.
What the community says
"Knowledge and subject matter great."Kuldip Virdi, Intelligent Environments
"Amazing. So enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Learnt loads of techniques."Chris Fisher, i-nexus
"Wonderful, entertaining. Martine could teach Scrum but instead she teaches the "art of Scrum". I appreciate that very much."Attendee
"Excellent overview of Scrum as a whole. Positively thought provoking."Silvano Squizzato, EMBL-EBI
"I did this course 12 months ago, and came back to do it again as it's so good."Robyn Backhouse, DAZN
Scrum Process and Roles
Large and Distributed Scrum Projects
Getting Started in Scrum
Practical Games and ExercisesExercises, case studies, and examples are used to assist participants in developing the knowledge, skills, capabilities and insights needed to make the shift from traditional management practice to the Scrum approach.
This course is designed for all involved in software development using the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible within an organization for running Scrum teams, or introducing the Scrum framework to a development team.
The class targets the people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum team members.
You should join this class if:
- You are a scrum master (or want to become one).
- You are a team leader.
- You are a development manager, deliver manager, Project manager.
- You are an agile coach or are interested in developing your coaching and facilitation techniques.
- You are a developer, analyst, architect or engineer and you are interested in applying Scrum to maximise value creation and improve customer and employee satisfaction.
- Delegates must have read the Scrum Guide carefully before attending this workshop.
- Having a basic understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team or have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application using Scrum.
- Having been involved in software development in an unsuccessful setting and being open to share their experience.