Would you like to learn the techniques and practices required to become an effective ScrumMaster? Would you like to learn how to support and coach your team through your projects, helping the product owner(s) and developers capture and understand requirements through stories and acceptance tests, prioritise the backlog, and plan and estimate regular releases through to production?
Then join Martine Devos for this 2-day ScrumMaster and Estimation class! You will learn the fundamental principles of Scrum and all about your role as a ScrumMaster (and upon successful completion of this course, you will also receive a qualification from Martine Devos as a Certified ScrumMaster, which is issued by the Scrum Alliance).
Leading a Scrum team is radically different to traditional project management. Rather than plan, instruct, and direct, the leader of a Scrum team (called a ScrumMaster) facilitates, coaches and leads. In this intensive and highly interactive Certified ScrumMaster workshop you will learn techniques and practices to do just that. You will gain insight into the obstacles that confront Scrum teams and how to overcome them.
Throughout this ScrumMaster course, you will be introduced to the best engineering practices and tools. You will learn about the theory and ideas underpinning Scrum and Agile techniques, and put theory into practice through a variety of exercises and take-aways which you will be able to use on your own projects with your co-workers.
Upon completion of this Certified ScrumMaster course, you'll leave with a deep understanding of Scrum and how to put it into practice and succeed with and benefit from it. You will be able to share your experience with your colleagues and support your team with the successful delivery of projects by using Scrum efficiently and productively.
You will also receive a copy of Essential Scrum: A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process to take away!
Learn how to:
- Apply practical approaches to increasing productivity, while increasing Product Owner and management satisfaction
- Learn from feedback and run engaging retrospectives
- Explore techniques for applying Scrum to large and distributed teams
- Use Scrum and corporate governance and quality models
- Deal with the obstructions to high productivity on your Scrum team, such as:
- Incomplete stories at Sprint-end
- Estimation in Storypoints and Hours (Release Planning and Sprint Planning), estimating bugs and maintenance work
- Technical debt and legacy problems
- Obscure "technical" backlog items or user stories
- Sprints with lengthy analysis and time-consuming testing
PMI members can claim up to 14 PDU's upon completion of this course!
Successful achievement of Certified Scrum Master will be recognised as a valid qualification for organisations wishing to acquire Microsoft ALM Gold Partner status.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be enrolled as a Certified ScrumMaster. This includes a two-year Scrum Alliance membership! All CSMs are required to pass a Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) online certification exam to maintain certification.
What the community says
"I was not expecting such a brilliant course. Outstanding! Martine is fabulous!"Robyn Backhouse on 31st Oct 2016
"I would like to thank you for your training, it has been a pleasure to participate in the training sessions at Skills Matter. I feel lucky to have you as a trainer, as I have gained quite a different perspective on agile, lots of my assumptions have been proven wrong and I did enjoyed your approach to the subject. It is very rare opportunity to work with someone like you, been trained, challenged, corrected. I am going to recommend you to all of my contacts, who may or may not be in need of training or consultancy. Once again I am glad to be a participant of your event and sorry that I did not find a time to thank you personally for all you help and assistance. Once again Very Big Thank you."Dariusz Bielak, SQLSC Limited on 9th May 2016
"Interesting course - used good scenarios to suit each delegate's organisation. Excellent Teacher!!"Maureen Davies on 4th Mar 2016
"Great course, delivered with real passion and knowledge."Scott Stevenson, JP Morgan on 16th Feb 2016
"If you want to learn PROPER SCRUM, this is the course for you. Martine Devos is one of the founders of the Scrum movement and she knows the matter better than anyone I've met. A lot of experience and examples. Straight to the point style. Superb course."Simon Ortiz on 3rd Nov 2015
- Agile Values, Scrum Benefits and Origins
- Scrum and Change
- Companies Using Scrum
Scrum Process and Roles
- Scrum Flow, Iterative-Incremental Software Development and Shippable Product Increments
- Scrum Roles: ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Team
- Characteristics of the ScrumMaster
- A Day in the Life of the ScrumMaster
- The ScrumMaster Role including Conflict Management, Appraisals and Appointing the ScrumMaster
- The Role of the Team including Team Dynamics, Team Norms and the Visual Workplace
- The Role of Project Managers and Functional Managers in Scrum
- Understanding the Customer
- The Product Vision
- The Product Backlog
- Determining the Release Scope
- Stocking the Product Backlog
- Prioritization Techniques
- Refining the Product Backlog
- User Stories on the Product Backlog
- Sustainable Pace
- The Project Levers
- Defining and Communicating Project Success
- Release Management Strategies
- Estimation and Planning, Product Backlog Items Using Story Points and Planning Poker
- Choosing the Sprint Length and Determining Velocity
- Creating the Release Plan
- Tracking the Project Progress
- Sprint Workflow and Characteristics
- Formulating Powerful Sprint Goals
- Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Sprint Estimation and Planning
- Daily Scrum
- Understanding the Sprint Progress
- Sprint Reporting
- The Planning Onion
- Why Portfolio Management Matters
- Levelling the Demand
- Portfolio Management Steps
- The Portfolio Bubble Chart
Large and Distributed Scrum Projects
- Brook’s Law
- Organic Growth and Conway’s Law
- Master Product Backlog and the Product Owner Team
- Team Set-up
- Multi-team Planning and Coordination
- Shared Norms and Assets
- Distributed Scrum Project Tips
Getting Started in Scrum
- Just Do It
- The Nature of Change
- Scrum Adoption Stages
- Change Practices including the Enterprise Transition Team and the Transition Product Backlog
- Deming’s PDCA Cycle
- The Role of Consultants
Practical Games and Exercises
Exercises, case studies, and examples are used to assist participants in developing the knowledge, skills, capabilities and insights needed to make the shift from traditional management practice to the Scrum approach.
If you are a Project manager, Team Leader, IT/development manager, Product manager, Business analyst, Architect or developer, and you are interested in applying Scrum to maximise value creation and improve customer and employee satisfaction, this ScrumMaster course is for you!
To benefit most from this Certified ScrumMaster course, you should have some experience of using Scrum and Agile methods on projects, before attending. Ideally, you will have read Agile Project Management with SCRUM (Microsoft Professional) by Ken Schwaber, prior to attending.