Simon Brown's Software Architecture for Developers Workshop is designed to take full advantage of the technical knowledge you already have - whether Java, .NET, or something else - to broaden your software development skills.
You'll learn about pragmatic and real-world software architecture, rather than academic "ivory tower" software architecture. Everything you learn will be reinforced through a series of hands on exercises, defining the architecture for a small software system. You will become far more architecturally aware and will learn to build much better software.
Book your place on the workshop and jump-start your way to becoming a software architect now!
Interested in taking Software Architecture on 16th - 17th July? Make it a week of learning by joining us for FullStack 2018, and get a special discount on your conference ticket!
Call or email our team for more information on the FullStack Fringe Package.
Learn how to:
- Understand what software architecture is all about.
- Understand what it means to be a software architect and the responsibilities associated with the role.
- Understand the trade-offs that are made when making architectural decisions.
- Experience what it feels like to be an architect on a bespoke software development project; including gathering non-functional requirements, determining the drivers for architecture and defining an architecture.
- Appreciate that even a little architecture can go a long way to building better software.
- Understand that, as a software architect, it's okay to do some coding.
What the community says
"Very good tasks requiring involvement of everyone."Pawel Magrian, Javelin Group on 31st Oct 2016
"Austin has a deep subject knowledge and effective presentation skills as required for the workshop. It was very useful and I learned a lot and had FUN!!!"Attendee on 5th Nov 2015
"Austin [Bingham] has a deep subject knowledge and effective presentation skills as required for the workshop. It was very useful and I learned a lot and had fun..."Community Member on 22nd May 2015
"I really liked the notes and slides. They are very well organised with good techniques and emphasis."Hussein Al-Helaf, Saudi Aramco on 2nd Jul 2014
"Really like the way of providing the training and the activities involved."Rudra Dutta, Vocalink on 2nd Jul 2014
What is software architecture?
- What is architecture?
- Types of architecture
- Design versus architecture
- Why do we need architecture?
What is the role of a software architect?
- How does a software architect fit in to a development team?
- How are software architects and lead developers different?
- What sort of skills does a software architect need?
- What does the overall role look like?
- How do you define software architecture?
- What drives software architecture?
- How do functional requirements drive architecture?
- How do non-functional requirements drive architecture?
- How do you design for non-functional requirements?
- How do constraints drive architecture?
- How do principles drive architecture?
- How do you design software given a blank sheet of paper?
- We'll define an architecture for a software system
- Case study (review and wrap-up)
How do you share software architecture?
- Should software systems be documented?
- Who needs to know about your architecture?
- How do you write a software architecture document (SAD)?
- What other methods are there for sharing architecture?
How do you deliver software architecture?
- When should a software architect be involved in a project?
- How does software architecture fit into iterative development?
- How does software architecture fit into agile development?
- How much software architecture do you need to do?
- How do you evaluate your architecture?
- What is load testing and how do you do it?
Discussion, questions and wrap-up
If you are a software developers and you are looking towards your first software architect role, or you are a developer and want to become more architecturally aware, or you are a software architects and new to the role, this Software Architecture for Developers course is for you!
To get the most out Simon Brown's Software Architecture for Developers workshop you will be a software developer looking towards your first architecture project, or a software architect new to the role.