This two day Mission Critical Service Testing Using soapUI will teach you how to use the powerful capabilities of soapUI Pro to answer important questions prior to placing these services into production.
In an effort to streamline development and boost productivity, many enterprises are deploying Web, REST, and other types of software services. Unfortunately, very few of these organizations are performing effective, comprehensive tests to ensure that these new, vital services are up to the challenge.
The class is structured around the highly regarded 7 Fundamentals of Mission-Critical Service Testing methodology, created by Think88 based on interviews with customers in a variety of industries, as well as extensive analysis of the most effective service deployments.
Learn how to:
- Thoroughly Test Your Services
- Test Using Large Amounts Of Realistic Data
- Make Sure You Govern Your Services
- Get The Most Productivity From Your Developers And Testers
- Fully Track Your Test Results
- Test Your Services Under Realistic Loads
- Make Sure Your Services Are Secure
Instead of focusing on theory alone, the course provides more than 100 hands-on exercises that prepare you for maximal effectiveness in your own environment. You’ll see how to use soapUI Pro in support of dozens of real-world scenarios, including:
Thoroughly Test Your Services
- How do you know that your tests are comprehensive?
- How can you write thorough tests if the services aren't finished yet?
- How can you determine how well your tests will cover unwritten services?
- How can you tie your testing to a QA management system?
- How can you test for corner and boundary conditions?
- How can you understand and test a complex message?
- How can you create and manage assertions?
- What if your service has no contract?
Test Using Large Amounts Of Realistic Data
- What if you don't have any sample data?
- How can you drive your tests with high quality sample data?
- How can you track the data your services return?
Make Sure You Govern Your Services
- What do you do when service contracts change?
- How can you tell if your contract is well designed?
- How do you know if your service is conforming to its schema?
Get The Most Productivity From Your Developers And Testers
- How can you manage a full team of developers and testers working on the same service?
- How can you let non-technical users interact with services?
- How can you easily transfer properties among your test steps?
- How can you share complex test scenarios?
- How can you extend soapUI Pro?
- How can you avoid writing complex XPath expressions?
- How can you work with complex messages?
Fully Track Your Test Results
- How can you summarize your progress to management?
- How can you customize the look-and-feel of your reports?
- How can you tie your test results to existing BI tools?
Test Your Services Under Realistic Loads
- How can you understand massive amounts of test results?
- How can you determine that load tests are running properly?
- How can you test that your messages are delivered?
- How can you test that your messages are routed properly?
Make Sure Your Services Are Secure
- How can you test security when the services aren't even written yet?
- How can you monitor in-flight messages?
- How can you test security assertions?
If you are a Software Developer or Architect, QA Tester, IT Manager or Web Professional who wants to learn how to employ test automation to improve the quality of your software projects, this course is for you!
To get the most from this course, you should have experience in XML, WSDL, XPath and the free, open source version of soapUI.