Would you like to learn how to apply Spring technologies to solve integration problems in server-side development? Join this hands-on Spring course and gain the skills you need to design and develop reliable, loosely-coupled and RESTful distributed systems with Spring Integration.
Enterprise Integration with Spring is a four day training course led by Spring experts covering today’s most important topics and technologies related to enterprise application integration. This hands-on training teaches how to apply Spring technologies to solve problems that face server-side developers.
Completion of this training entitles each student to receive a free voucher to schedule an exam at a Pearson VUE Center to become a SpringSource Certified Enterprise Integration Specialist.
Learn how to:
At the end of the training, you should gain an understanding of Spring and associated technologies for Enterprise Integration and be able to:
- Create concurrent applications and schedule tasks using Spring
- Use the configuration DSL
- Have a basic understanding of Spring XD
- Create and understanding REST Web services
- Use JMS for asynchronous communication
- Understand and use distributed transactions
- Use Spring Batch for Enterprise Integration based on batch processing
- Use Spring Integration for Pipes-and-Filters integration
Completion of this Spring Enterprise Integration course entitles you to receive a free voucher with which you can schedule an exam at a Pearson VUE Center. If you pass this exam, you become a SpringSource Certified Spring Enterprise Integration Specialist .
Styles of Enterprise Integration
- Integration Styles Pros/Cons
- Spring Support
Tasks and Scheduling
- Introduction to concurrency
- Java Concurrency support
- Spring's task scheduling support
Spring Integration Configuration
- Using the DSL
Spring Integration Advanced Features ###
- Splitting and aggregation
- Dispatcher configuration
Introduction to Spring Batch
- Batch concepts
- High-Level overview
Job parameters and job identity
Quick start using Spring Batch
Readers, Writers & Processors
JDBC Item Readers
Spring Batch Restart and Recovery
- Reading flat files
- Sharing state between steps
Intro to skip, retry, repeat and restart
Business logic delegation
Using Java configuration
Spring Batch Admin and Parallel Processing
- Spring Batch admin
- Scaling and parallel processing
- Spring XD for Batch Jobs, Integration flow and Data Ingestion
- Spring XD Installation
- Working with Streams (Definition, Source vs Sink, deployment, use-cases)
- Working with Jobs (Definition, deployment, monitoring, use-cases)
Depending on the class, some of the following topics will be covered, if there is sufficient interest and time. - AMQP (RabbitMQ, Configuring AMQP templates, Spring's support for AMQP/RabbitMQ...) - MATURE REST SERVICES (HATEOAS, Spring HATEOAS, Spring Data REST, Out-of-container Testing) - SPRING REMOTING (RMI, Httplnvoker...) - SPRING WEB SERVICES (exposing a Web Service on server side, client access...)
If you are an experienced Java and Spring Developer or Architect and you:
- like to become an expert at using the Enterprise Spring Framework
- took Core Spring and want to further improve your developer skills
- like to be able to solve even the most complex problems with Spring
- are working on/have planned a large Spring project
- are interested in being granted the expert Enterprise Spring certification
All exam vouchers, provided after successful completion of the course will have a 3 month expiration limit. Delegates must use within 3 months or the voucher will expire and a free replacement will not be available.
To get the most out of this Enterprise Integration with Spring course, you should have experience with developing applications using Java and a basic understanding of Spring, prior to attending.
Bring your own hardware
Delegates are requested to bring their own laptop for this course, with Java 6 installed. If you are unable to bring a laptop for the course, please contact the sales team on +44 20 7183 9040, or email the sales team. A full installation guide for the course software will be provided with your course joining instructions.