Are you looking for top notch Groovy & Grails training? This Groovy & Grails course is the only official Grails.org and Groovy.codehaus.org training in the world and is taught by real Groovy & Grails experts from Skills Matter's community!
This four day intensive course gives a thorough introduction and proceeds to show advanced aspects of Groovy programming language and the Grails application framework.
Learn Groovy & Grails in just 4-days with Skills Matter & Pivotal This 4-day intensive training covers both Groovy and Grails in great detail. After a thorough introduction to the technology, students are taken through many advanced aspects of both the Groovy programming language and the Grails web application framework.
This training is designed to quickly move teams beyond the basics and on to the most powerful aspects of both Groovy and Grails. Students should expect intensive, hands-on interactive lab work.
This Groovy & Grails training is the only official Grails.org and Groovy.codehaus.org training in the world and is taught by real Groovy & Grails experts from Skills Matter's community!
Learn how to:
At the end of the training, you should gain an understanding of the Groovy programming language and the associated framework Grails, and you should be able to do the following:
- Write programs using Groovy
- Integrate with Java
- Add dynamic functionality using Groovy
- Use Grails for Web development and persistence
- Ensure reliable Grails applications through unit and integration testing
- Have a sound knowledge of all the core concepts from the Web to the persistence layer
- Move beyond the basic scaffolding mechanisms to build robust applications
- Understand key development best practices that enable the development of higher quality code
Day 1 - The Groovy Language
- Introduction to Groovy
- Installation and Tools
- Groovy Beans
- Language Fundamentals
- Collections and Closures
- Miscellaneous APIs, Java Interoperability
Day 2 - Advanced Groovy
- Groovy Metaprogramming
- Groovy Annotations and AST
- Building DSLs with Groovy
- Groovy Testing
Day 3 - Developing Enterprise Applications with Grails
- Introduction to Grails
- Installation and Grails Quick Start
- GORM basics
- Advanced GORM – Advanced modeling and Querying
- Testing Grails components
Day 4 - Controllers, Views, Services and Plug-ins
- Grails Controllers
- GSP, Tag Libraries, and GSP Templates
- Form Handling and AJAX processing
- Grails services and transactions
- Grails Plug-ins
If you are a Java developer or architect looking to learn about the many features of the Groovy programming language and Grails web application framework, then this Groovy and Grails Workshop is for you!
So definitely don't miss this Groovy and Grails course, if you:
- Are interested in building web applications with Groovy & Grails
- Like to increase developer productivity by reducing scaffolding code when developing web, GUI, database or console applications
- Are interested in learning a language that makes modern programming features available to Java developers with almost zero learning curve
- Are working on/have planned an upcoming Groovy & Grails project
- Are interested in working with a language that builds on the strengths of Java but has additional power features inspired by languages like Python, Ruby and Smalltalk
To get the most out of this Groovy and Grails Workshop, you should have experience with developing applications using Java.
Bring your own hardware
Delegates are requested to bring their own laptop for this course, with Java 6 installed. If you are unable to bring a laptop for the course, please contact the sales team on +44 20 7183 9040, or email us.
A full installation guide for the course software will be provided with your course joining instructions.