During this two-day intensive Test Driven Development course, you will be given a deep insight into the rise of TDD in product development as well as learning related Agile practices, such as continuous integration and pair programming.
Join Damjan Vujnovic in a completely hands-on workshop and dive into a realistic project to learn TDD’s best practices and principles, such as unit testing, and refactoring. Coding right from the start, the course will be interrupted by very short presentations to explain the practices and to put things into a wider perspective. It is based on the very latest tools, current knowledge and ideas from the community.
- Learn the latest tools and techniques driving Test Driven Development today -
Who you will be learning with
Find developers experienced with Java, C# and/or .NET as well as architects and others in the tech community with basic knowledge of C# or Java.
How to apply these skills
Build quality into software from the start, design and develop systems fit for their purpose, and write code that is easy to maintain and evolve in the future.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only commit to growing your own skillset, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
Learn how to:
- Design and develop software driven by tests
- Protect software from unwanted changes using regression tests
- Evolve software design with refactoring and TDD
- Recognise smells in the code and clean them up
- Capture requirements and specifications as acceptance tests
- Use executable specifications to drive development
- Continuously integrate software to get quick feedback about changes
- Apply best practices and avoid pitfalls of unit and acceptance testing
- Use MBUnit, Gallio and Moq (.NET/C# developers) or JUnit and Mockito(Java developers)
What the community says
"Damjan is really good in knowledge of answering questions. Very friendly to approach and very talented."Punitha Murugisan
- Introduction to TDD
- Unit testing basics
- Using TDD with MBUnit (for .NET/C# developers) or JUnit (for Java developers) to explore and design software
- Continuous integration and detecting change
- Writing efficient unit tests
- Best practices and pitfalls of unit testing
- Applying mock and stub objects with Moq (for .NET/C# developers) or Mockito (for Java developers) to isolate tests
- Identifying code smells and improving the code with refactoring
If you are a C#, .NET or a Java developer, or if you are an architect, and you want to get started with agile development practices or learn how to build quality into software from the start, then this Test Driven Development course is for you!
To benefit from this Test Driven Development course, you should have basic knowledge of C# or Java and object-oriented design, prior to attending.
Bring your own hardware
To participate in this TDD course, you are required to bring your own laptop, so you can develop with your own tools and languages, rather than something you are not familiar with.