Are you interested in continuous improvement, reduce work in progress, and increase efficiency? Kanban is a Lean framework that can help you do just that!
Kanban is a process framework for software development with a long and proven history in manufacturing and new product design.
In this course, you will learn to master the elements of Kanban, from beginner to more advanced concepts.
You will learn how to use Kanban as a Lean framework that helps continuous improvement, reduce work in progress, and increase efficiency with a light-weight process.
Upon completion of this Kanban course, you will fully understand how to use Kanban - not only within the boundaries of your software development environment, but also beyond, such as within operations and maintenance environments.
You will also understand how to introduce Kanban principles and practices to boost productivity of both traditional and agile teams.
You will also receive a free copy of Leading Lean Software Development: Results are Not the Point to take away!
Learn how to:
- Use Kanban as a Lean framework for continuous improvement
- Use Kanban to reduce risk of Work In Progress (WIP)
- Increase efficiency with a light-weight process
- Introduce Kanban principles and practices to boost productivity of traditional and agile teams
What the community says
"I would like to thank you for your training, it has been a pleasure to participate in the training sessions at Skills Matter. I feel lucky to have you as a trainer, as I have gained quite a different perspective on agile, lots of my assumptions have been proven wrong and I did enjoyed your approach to the subject. It is very rare opportunity to work with someone like you, been trained, challenged, corrected. I am going to recommend you to all of my contacts, who may or may not be in need of training or consultancy. Once again I am glad to be a participant of your event and sorry that I did not find a time to thank you personally for all you help and assistance. Once again Very Big Thank you."Dariusz Bielak, SQLSC Limited on 16th May 2016
"Lots of great theory, many example diagrams."Dennis Tait on 11th Mar 2014
"No suggestions, just what I needed! "Philip Noble, BSkyB on 11th Mar 2014
"Interesting examples. Skills Matter is a really great training provider! Very friendly and helpful."Snehil Priya, House of Commons on 11th Mar 2014
During this 2-day course, we will use lectures, discussions and exercises to explain why there is a lot of interest in Kanban right now in the agile software development community and in more traditional project management environments.
There is no fixed order or programme for this class, but we will cover some or more of the following questions and topics:
- What is Kanban and what value does it add to scrum?
- Where do Scrum and Kanban complement each other?
- Are there potential conflicts?
- Is Kanban easier to implement than Scrum in a more traditional culture?
- How to get started with Kanban
- Designing our first Kanban board
- Working with service level agreements
- Solving bottlenecks
- Advanced risk management with classes of service
- Reporting and detailed metrics
- Multifunctional team or specialism
- Kanban or Scrum/Agile
- Kanban boards with maintenance, distributed and difficult situations
- Continuous improvement and learning (Kaizen and root cause analysis) cases
If you work in development, support, project management, line management, training, then Martine Devos' Coaching Kanban for Teams course is for you!
You will gain the most benefit from Martine Devos' Coaching Kanban for Teams course if you have some prior experience in teams using Agile, Scrum or Kanban.