In this two-day Kanban training course, you will learn to master the elements of Kanban, from beginner to more advanced concepts.
- Boost the productivity and efficiency of your teams using Kanban-
Kanban is a process framework for software development with a long and proven history in both manufacturing and new product design. Join Martin Devos as she guides you towards a full understanding of how to use Kanban – not only within the boundaries of your software development environment, but also beyond, such as within operations and maintenance environments. Most importantly, you will learn how to introduce Kanban principles and practices to boost productivity of both traditional and agile teams.
As a part of the course you will receive a free copy of Leading Lean Software Development: Results are Not the Point.
Please note that this course is available as private training only. Contact our team for more info.
Who you will be sitting next to
You will find those working in development, support, project management, line management, and training (i.e. product owners, producers, team leaders) who are interested in either refreshing their knowledge of Kanban or are entirely new to it.
How to apply these skills
Use your reinforced understanding of Kanban to significantly boost the productivity and efficiency of your teams, while maintaining a lightweight approach to the continuous improvement of your product development.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only commit to growing your own skillset, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
Learn how to:
- Use Kanban as a Lean framework for continuous improvement
- Use Kanban to reduce risk of Work In Progress (WIP)
- Increase efficiency with a light-weight process
- Introduce Kanban principles and practices to boost productivity of traditional and agile teams
What the community says
"...it has been a pleasure to participate in the training sessions at Skills Matter. I feel lucky to have you as a trainer, as I have gained quite a different perspective on agile...Once again Very Big Thank you."Dariusz Bielak, SQLSC Limited
"Great theory."Dennis Tait
"No suggestions, just what I needed! "Philip Noble, BSkyB
"Interesting examples. Skills Matter is a really great training provider! Very friendly and helpful."Snehil Priya, House of Commons
During this 2-day course, we will use lectures, discussions and exercises to explain why there is a lot of interest in Kanban right now in the agile software development community and in more traditional project management environments.
There is no fixed order or programme for this class, but we will cover some or more of the following questions and topics:
- What is Kanban and what value does it add to scrum?
- Where do Scrum and Kanban complement each other?
- Are there potential conflicts?
- Is Kanban easier to implement than Scrum in a more traditional culture?
- How to get started with Kanban
- Designing our first Kanban board
- Working with service level agreements
- Solving bottlenecks
- Advanced risk management with classes of service
- Reporting and detailed metrics
- Multifunctional team or specialism
- Kanban or Scrum/Agile
- Kanban boards with maintenance, distributed and difficult situations
- Continuous improvement and learning (Kaizen and root cause analysis) cases
If you work in development, support, project management, line management, training, then Martine Devos' Coaching Kanban for Teams course is for you!
You will gain the most benefit from Martine Devos' Coaching Kanban for Teams course if you have some prior experience in teams using Agile, Scrum or Kanban.