In Ayende Rahien's fast paced and hands on 3 day RavenDB workshop, you will learn how to use this quickly evolving Document Database efficiently in your applications to save time and effort on communicating with database storage.
During the first day of this workshop we will get to know RavenDB and its core concepts, get comfortable with its API, learn how to build and customize indexes, and how to correctly model data for use in a document database.
After getting familiar with all the basics in the first day, during the second day we will build on that knowledge to properly grok MapReduce, Multi–maps and other advanced usages of indexes, learn how to extend RavenDB and the various options of scaling out.
On the third day, we will get down & dirty in the guts of RavenDB, understand how and why it works the way it does, learn how to extend and modify how it works and what are the best ways to make the most optimal usage out of it. We will also cover supporting RavenDB in production and what option there are for monitoring what it is doing there.
Upon completion of this RavenDB course, you will be able to build database–backed applications faster and more efficiently.
Learn how to:
- Build your application to take advantage of RavenDB when building your application.
- Document database modelling
- Configure RavenDB for your applications
- Manage sessions and transactions
- Map objects and collections to database structures
- Build large scale and performant applications
- Utilize best practices and patterns
- Avoid common pitfalls and mistakes
- Create efficient RavenDB applications
- Overview of RDBMS, NoSQL, Document Databases and RavenDB
- Basic CRUD operations
- RavenDB's indexes implementation
- Data modeling
- Static indexes, full–text search and spatial queries
- Map/Reduce, multi–map and boosting
If you are a .NET Developer, Database Administrator, Team Leader or Architect and you would like to learn to build database-backed applications faster and more efficiently, this course is for you!
To benefit from this RavenDB course, you should have at least a minimum of 12 months experience working with .NET and C# prior to attending.
Bring your own hardware
You are requested to bring your own laptop for this course, so you learn how to develop within your own environment.
If you are unable to bring a laptop for the course, please contact us on +44 20 7183 9040 or email us.
A full installation guide for the course software will be provided with your joining instructions.