Are you leading a multi-team development project? Are you interested in understanding how design decisions effect the entire project? Eric Evans' DDD Strategy for Software Leaders is right for you! Join this two day course to get a better view of the Big Picture.
Some design decisions have an impact on the trajectory of the whole project. Modeling is most needed in complex circumstances, yet the typical dynamics of large projects too often derail it or disconnect it from the real design. This course delves into principles for clarifying the big picture, getting effort focused on the core, and coordinating multi-team development.
Learn how to:
- Get a big-picture of multi-team development as it pertains to design success.
- Focus talent and resources where they will pay off most
- Make most effective use of off-the-shelf components in a mixture with in-house development.
- Manage diverse styles of design, development process and quality within a large system, and still maintain the ability to innovate around your core domain.
- Develop multiple strategies for setting up a fresh project that can break with the past, even when the organization is tied to legacy systems.
- Pragmatic approach to dealing with diverse models and designs on real projects
- Relationships between subsystems/ relationships between teams
Distilling the Core Domain
- Aligning software strategy with business strategy
- Distinguishing the differentiators from the mass of requirements
- Clarifying a shared vision
- Setting up a project for success
- Enabling innovation even when you rely heavily on legacy systems
- Devising Strategies
If you are an IT Leader including CTO, Director of Engineering, Software Strategist, Project Manager, Development Manager, Enterprise Architect, Software Architect, Senior Developer and Development Lead then this course is for you!
You should have experience with large systems multi-team development