Are you an experienced Java developer that would like to better understand the reactive Akka toolkit? This extensive three-day course is for you! The course's hands-on work and exercises provide the perfect environment to best learn to utilize Akka with Java!
This three-day course introduces experienced application developers to the reactive Akka toolkit and runtime and the methodologies that enable the creation of real-world actor-based systems in Java on a single JVM.
This course has comprehensive hands-on work and successive exercises that build upon prior lessons learned to produce a fully functional application that is both event-driven and resilient by the conclusion of the course.
Learn how to:
- Know how to design scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Akka's actors
- Know how to configure, test and tune Akka applications
- Know best practices for designing asynchronous, event-driven systems using Akka
- Be confident to start using Akka in production systems
- Actor Basics
- Testing Actors
- Actor Lifecycle
- Fault Tolerance
- Routers and Dispatchers
- Modifying Actor Behavior
- Ask Pattern
- Akka Extensions
If you are a developer who wants to learn how to apply the tools and services provided by the Akka to build high-performance, fault-tolerant systems that scale, then this Scaling up with Akka and Java course is for you!
Code examples and exercises will be written in Java 8 using the lambda API, so a basic knowledge of Java 8 is required. Students should bring their own laptop with Java 8 installed.
- know how to design scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Akka's actors
- know how to configure, test and tune Akka applications
- know best practices for designing asynchronous, event-driven systems using Akka
- be confident to start using Akka in production systems
Bring your own hardware
Participants should bring their own laptop with Java 8 installed along with a JVM.
If you are unable to bring a laptop for the course, please contact the sales team on +44 20 7183 9040, or contact us.