If most problems that teams face are about communication and the rest are too (according to BDD originator Dan North) then this three-day practical BDD course is the antidote.
- Apply BDD to improve your software rollouts, testing and analysis -
Join Jenny Martin, consultant and coach in Agile delivery, and Pete Buckney, Founder Director of Co Made, as they delve into the nuances that lie behind collaborative techniques from Lean, BDD (Behaviour-Driven Development), Specification by Example, and more. Avoiding a dry slide presentation, this BDD course is an engaging look at how you can steer conversations in your company to foster smooth and clean development rollout, right from ideation to realization.
Who you will be sitting next to
This BDD course attracts an array of disciplines. Expect to find yourself in the company of Scrum Masters, BAs, developers, architects, DevOps teams, and project managers.
How to apply these skills
Take away a nuanced understanding of how BDD can significantly improve your business goals through smoother software rollouts, testing and analysis. Reduce your company’s resource requirements through new business insights and specific communications skills.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only commit to growing your own skill set, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
Learn how to:
- Align business and technical teams towards the same vision
- Identify the quickest path to value
- Speed up the feedback loop
- Maximize opportunities for feedback and learning
- Bridge the gap between delivery and technical teams
- Maximize the effectiveness of all disciplines within a cross-functional team
- Remove wastage from development processes
- Remove opportunities for misunderstanding
- Maximize usefulness of outputs
- Encourage good code design aligned with business needs
- Create a flexible code base that supports making changes quickly and safely
- Benefit from these techniques in any organization - whether Agile, Waterfall, V-Model
What the community says
"Really engaging and helpful. Great games to keep everyone alert."Farzeen Saeed, Worldpay on 22nd Mar 2017
"Loved this course, learned so much."Attendee on 16th Mar 2016
"I really enjoyed the course and the fact that it was highly participative as opposed to simple "slide-reading"."Javier Rodrigues, Ocado on 24th Feb 2016
"An excellent course that really does go from start to finish. Jenny and Pete were knowledgeable and friendly."Richard Roberts, Trainline on 24th Feb 2016
"Just fabulous."Jennifer Wheeler on 24th Feb 2016
Day 1 - Aligning to One Vision and Planning to Learn
- Where we are now & Agile pitfalls (group activity)
- Accelerating the feedback loop
- Lean Startup background, Build, Measure, Learn.
- The Feedback Onion
- Planning to Learn
- Lean Analytics & One Metric that Matters (group activity)
- Business Model Canvas & Lean Canvas
- No Estimates & Flexible Scope
- Deriving Scope from Goals
- Enabling the paradigm shift from IT as a cost to an investment
- Defining good measures
- Planning your first milestone
- Impact Mapping
- Detailed walk through of the impact mapping technique with hands on exercises and project case study
Day 2 - BDD Discovery & Cutting off the leanest slice
- Before we begin - Talking the Same Language
- Background of BDD, DDD, TDD, Ubiquitous Language
- Doing the right amount of analysis
- Do we still need analysis? Group discussion
- Design Thinking & asteroids
- Release planning and where to start - techniques
- Story Mapping
- Dream Demo (group activity)
- The Power of Examples
- OOPSI Mapping
- Using examples to drive conversations with different audiences
- Benefits of examples versus traditional requirements (activity)
- Examples vs. Stories vs. Tests vs. Rules
- What makes a good example?
- Keeping it Real (exercise)
Day 3 - BDD Delivery in practice
- The What - Specification by Example
- Techniques (group activity)
- Process patterns – what makes a good SBE?
- Using Data Personas (group activity)
- The How – The joined up BDD team
- Iterative versus incremental delivery
- Why Collaborate?
- Starting small with incremental examples (activity)
- Continuous Acceptance - A look at team roles and interactions
- Enabling good design & testability with Test-Driven Development
- Test Automation
- Automation pitfalls
- The Test automation pyramid
- Executable specifications - exploration of approaches
- Beyond Projects & Continuous Delivery
- Examples at the foundation of a living documentation system (activity)
- BDD and DevOps
- How does this work in my organisation? (group discussion)
This course is great for any of the following: Project Managers, Test Managers, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, BAs, Testers, Developers, Architects, DevOps teams.
Bring your own hardware
Laptops are not needed for this course.