1. Prismatic Schema
- Introduction - why we recommend schemas as ’data firewalls’
- Writing and composing schemas
2. Application structure with the Stuart Sierra Component library
- Intro to the Component library - what and why
- Project skeleton
- The system
- Adding custom functions in the dev namespace
- Schema integration to protect integrity
- Dos and Don'ts – Use functions, Don’t put (too much) code in records
- Testing – Testing with component – Testing without component - testing individual functions
- Basic transducers: composing map, filter & mapcat
- Channels, sequences & eductions
- Stateful transducers
- channels and go-blocks
- »! or >! or put!
- mult / tap
- pub / sub
- using transducers
- Dos and Don’ts
5. HTTP services
- Building HTTP services with yada
- Swagger API documentation
- Asynchronous processing of inbound and outbound bodies
- Parameter coercion
- Security (authentication and authorization)
6. ClojureScript with Om Next (basics)
- Building an application in Om Next
- Integrating HTTP requests and Server-Sent Events
7. File processing
- Techniques for dealing with large files (jackson, clojure.data.xml, etc.)
Are you a developer who already has some working knowledge and experience with Clojure? Are you ready to take your skills to the next level? This course is for you!
Some working knowledge and experience working with Clojure.
Bring your own hardware
To benefit most from this Advanced Clojure course, please bring your own laptop, so you can develop with your own tools and languages, rather than something you are not familiar with.
If you are not able to bring in your own laptop, please contact the Skills Matter team on +44 207 1839040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit all laptop requests a minimum of 48 hours prior to the course as laptops are subject to availability.