Are you struggling with the web application complexity? Thinking about using Angular for your next big project? Keen to learn how to create modern, single-page web applications using Angular? Or how to migrate your existing Flex/Silverlight/WPF application to HTML5?
Join us for this Angular course and learn how to super-charge your development with modern tools. In three super-intensive and highly practical days, you learn how to write elegant, testable and maintainable single-page web applications with Angular.
We will cover how to think about the state of your application and how to teach DOM new tricks by using components and directives. You will also learn how to make your application talk to the server whilst taming the complexity of asynchronous code.
Upon completion of this Angular course, you will have gained a solid understanding of the Angular framework, including best practices and anti-practices, and will have gained the skills you need to use Angular in production.
Learn how to:
- Write modern single-page web applications with Angular
- Boost your productivity with ES6/TypeScript
- Write elegant, testable and maintainable code
- Yeach DOM new tricks by using components/directives (both custom and built-in)
- Think about the state of your application
- Make your application talk to the server and tame the complexity of asynchronous code using promises and RxJS
- Use modern tools to super-charge your development
What the community says
"Damjan is a dedicated teacher and his teaching method allows you to get to the next level really efficiently."Federico Lopez Gomez, EMBL-EBI on 23rd Feb 2018
"Great instructor, great way of teaching. Came up with extra problems on the spot to keep the faster people interested and let them gather their own additional insights."Jens Hoffman, RWE Supply & Trading on 13th Mar 2017
"Excellent course."Jack Kennedy, RBS on 13th Mar 2017
- setup (nodejs, angular-cli)
- modules and Angular app structure
- basic data-binding and templating
- testing (jasmine)
Components and directives
- templating & data binding
- built-in directives (NgIf, NgClass, NgStyle, NgFor)
- inputs and outputs
- classes & interfaces
- fat arrow functions
- using Angular router
- HTML5 routing
- router-outlet and routerLink
- route parameters
- using promises for async flow control
- state management
- async pipe
Best practices and pitfalls
- Angular best practices
- common mistakes
- promises anti-patterns
Bring your own hardware
To participate in this course you are required to bring your own laptop so you can develop using your own IDE and tools.