It’s a perfect time to take your iOS development skills to a whole new level by making the move to Swift. You aren’t just learning a new language, you are also learning new techniques and design patterns and embracing a new way to organise and architect your iOS applications.
Are you ready to take your iOS development skills to a whole new level and make the move to Swift? Join Daniel Steinberg for this intensive 3-day Swift iOS Bootcamp and learn how to think, architect and program in swift using functional, object-oriented, and protocol-oriented paradigms.
Upon completion, you will understand the best practices for building modern iOS apps in Swift.
Learn how to:
- Apply the fundamentals of iOS 12 app development using Swift 4 on Xcode 10
- Take advantage of Xcode playgrounds and iOS projects, exploring the ins and outs of programming with Swift
- Apply idiomatic Swift and work with functions as closures, higher-order functions, sequences, and handling errors
- Through an introduction to iOS 12 application development, you will use single view, create a UI and connect it to code using the latest techniques introduced for iOS 10
- Test drive the creation of a model and use it in a Table View application
- Work with MVC and MVVM
- Work on apps with multiple scenes. You will learn a variety of methods of presenting and dismissing scenes while communicating information between the view controllers
- Extend your Swift knowledge with a look at server side Swift and Vapor
What the community says
"A very impressive course. The instructor knew and was enthusiastic about the topic. I particularly enjoyed the practical teaching approach - i.e. no PowerPoint! Playgrounds are a great teaching tool."Attendee
The Swift Programming Language
- Variables and Constants
- Arrays and Dictionaries
Single View Apps
- Outlets and Actions
- Model View Controllers
- Understanding View Controllers
- Focusing with Protocols
- Custom View Subclasses
- Passing closures
Multiple View Apps
- Test Driving a Model
- Immutable and Mutable Model
- Incorporating the Model in a Table View App
- Growing our app
- Communication without coupling
- Modules and Targets
- Adding in Network calls
- Parsing JSON
- Flexible Functions
- Understanding Parameters
- Reducing Side Effects
- Higher order functions
- Swift Standard Library examples
- Our own map, flatMap, and apply
- Custom operators
Server side Swift
- Setting up a server
- Hello World
- HTTP from the other side
- Working with Data
If you are an experienced developer who is looking to get the most out of Swift in your iOS apps and ready to learn; this class is for you!
To benefit most from this Swift iOS course, you should be an experienced developer who is new to Swift and not yet taking full advantage of its generic and functional capabilities, but are comfortable in an object-oriented language.
Bring your own hardware
To participate in this course you will need to bring a Mac running the latest public version of Xcode (currently Xcode 10.x).
Unfortunately Skills Matter is not able to provide rental laptops for this course.