Are you interested in learning about Docker containers and the foundations and concepts of the Docker platform? Then this course is for you!
Join this Introduction to Docker course and learn how to build and manage Docker containers, how to deploy them through a CI/CD pipeline and the Docker hub, and how to operate containers using volumes and software networks.
Upon successful completion of this 2-day hands-on Docker course you will have grown from a beginner into a seasoned Docker user and you will receive an official Docker, Inc. certificate.
Learn how to:
- Understand the components of the Docker platform
- Understand the concept of containers and images
- Run and manage Docker containers using existing images
- Build custom images from a container
- Build custom images from a Dockerfile
- Push and pull images to DockerHub
- Configure a bridge network and run containers on that network
- Understand the concept of Docker volumes
- Configure and mount volumes to containers
- Understand how to setup a basic CI/CD build in Docker Hub
Skills Matter is an Authorized Partner of Docker and all attendees of the course will receive an official certificate of completion from Docker.
- Introduction to containers
- Installing Docker
- Docker concepts and terms
- Introduction to images
- Running and managing containers
- Building images
- Managing and distributing images
- Container volumes
- Container networking
- Docker in continuous integration
Through lectures, discussions and hands-on exercises, we’ll explain why Docker exists and the benefits of developing and running your applications on the Docker platform. Each topic we'll introduce, will be supported by a variety of hands-on exercises designed to help you quickly grow from a beginner into a seasoned user, including:
- Installing the Docker Engine
- Creating our first Docker container
- Building Docker images
- Storing and retrieving Docker images from Docker Hub
- Building containers from images
- Deploying applications with Docker
- Networking Docker containers
- Data persistence with Volumes
- Using Docker into a Continuous Integration and Deployment process
If you are an administrator or developer and you want to learn how to administer and build enterprise-grade production systems using Docker, this Docker course is for you!
To benefit from this Docker course, you should be familiar with Linux command line, but don't need any prior experience using Docker.
Bring your own hardware
Delegates are requested to bring their own laptop for this course. You will need a machine capable of running an SSH client. If you are unable to bring a laptop for the course, please contact the sales team on +44 20 7183 9040, or email the sales team.
Please submit all laptop requests a minimum of 48 hours prior to the course as laptops are subject to availability.