This Advanced Docker Enterprise Operations course goes beyond Docker essentials to provide attendees with an in-depth understanding of best practice when containerizing and modernizing new or existing applications.
Matt Saunders, technical operations architect and Head of DevOps for Adaptavist, will guide you through the process of building complete and clear software supply chains using UCP and DTR that include CI/CD as well as building on your experience to become an expert in Docker Enterprise Operations.
- Build your applications to be secure, self-healing, and robust -
Who you will be sitting next to
You will meet and work with those who have previous experience with Docker fundamentals and Linux command line who wish to upskill and lead the development of their company’s applications.
How to apply these skills
Helping you save considerable resources, this course helps you develop your knowledge of containerizing and modernizing applications to be secure, robust, available, and self-healing. You will come away knowing how to create microservice applications, as well as how to set up your own Registry and perform monitoring, logging and health checks to the cluster.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only grow your own skill set, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
Learn how to:
- Understand common Architecture decision points and their impacts to operations
- Install Docker Datacenter with UCP and DTR with High Availability and Replicas
- Deploy services in UCP
- Deploy a multi-node application
- Setup and manage role based access control
- Manage DTR by creating public and private repositories
- Apply Content Trust and image signing with Notary
- Perform basic monitoring, logging and health checks to the cluster
Skills Matter is an Authorized Partner of Docker and all attendees of the course will receive an official certificate of completion from Docker.
- Welcome and Intro
- Installing UCP
- UCP Architecture
- Introduction to Docker Datacenter
- Docker Engine Swarm mode
- Deploying services in UCP
- UCP Networking and load balancing
- Deploying applications across multiple nodes
- Backwards compatibility with classic Swarm
- UCP User management
- UCP role based access control
- Basic troubleshooting
- Installing Docker Trusted Registry
- DTR Overview
- Creating public and private DTR repositories
- DTR access control
- Content Trust and Imaging Signing with Notary
- Designing a DDC Deployment
- Closing notes, further information and discussion
If you are an experienced Docker administrator or developer, and you want to take your skills to the next level and become a Docker Enterprise Operations expert, this Advanced Docker course is for you!
To benefit from this Advanced Docker Enterprise Operations course, you should have a good grasp of Docker fundamentals (and be familiar with Linux command line) prior to attending the course. If you haven't yet got these skills yet, it may be better to attend our Introduction to Docker Fundamentals course first, before moving on to this Advanced Docker course.
Bring your own hardware
You are invited to bring your own laptop to this Advanced Docker Enterprise Operations course, so you can learn with familiar tools, languages and IDE. Please make sure your machine is capable of running an SSH client and has access to Amazon Web Services over SSH (port 22), prior to joining the course.
If you are unable to bring your own laptop and you let us know at least 2 weeks prior to your attendance of this course, our team will be able to provide you with a laptop pre-installed with the above environment.