Ready to upgrade your Docker operation skills and become a Docker Enterprise Operations expert? Join Matt Saunders for this intensive, hands-on Advanced Docker Enterprise Operations course and best practices to containerise and modernise new or existing applications that are secure, robust, highly available, resilient and self-healing. You will learn how to build a complete, basic software supply chain using UCP and DTR that includes CI/CD, content trust, and image scanning.control, understand the differences between managing containers and managing virtual machines and how to deploy applications on Swarm or Kubernetes orchestrators via UCP.
Upon completion of this Advanced Docker Enterprise Operations course you will know how to create microservice applications, set up your own Registry and perform basic monitoring, logging and health checks to the cluster.
You will also have an understanding of common Architecture decision points and their impact to operations, how to use Docker Datacenter, how to deploy a multi-node application, deploy services in UCP, manage DTR and apply content trust and image signing with Notary.
Learn how to:
- Understand common Architecture decision points and their impacts to operations
- Install Docker Datacenter with UCP and DTR with High Availability and Replicas
- Deploy services in UCP
- Deploy a multi-node application
- Setup and manage role based access control
- Manage DTR by creating public and private repositories
- Apply Content Trust and image signing with Notary
- Perform basic monitoring, logging and health checks to the cluster
Skills Matter is an Authorized Partner of Docker and all attendees of the course will receive an official certificate of completion from Docker.
- Welcome and Intro
- Installing UCP
- UCP Architecture
- Introduction to Docker Datacenter
- Docker Engine Swarm mode
- Deploying services in UCP
- UCP Networking and load balancing
- Deploying applications across multiple nodes
- Backwards compatibility with classic Swarm
- UCP User management
- UCP role based access control
- Basic troubleshooting
- Installing Docker Trusted Registry
- DTR Overview
- Creating public and private DTR repositories
- DTR access control
- Content Trust and Imaging Signing with Notary
- Designing a DDC Deployment
- Closing notes, further information and discussion
If you are an experienced Docker administrator or developer, and you want to take your skills to the next level and become a Docker Enterprise Operations expert, this Advanced Docker course is for you!
To benefit from this Advanced Docker Enterprise Operations course, you should have a good grasp of Docker fundamentals (and be familiar with Linux command line) prior to attending the course. If you haven't yet got these skills yet, it may be better to attend our Introduction to Docker Fundamentals course first, before moving on to this Advanced Docker course.
Bring your own hardware
You are invited to bring your own laptop to this Advanced Docker Enterprise Operations course, so you can learn with familiar tools, languages and IDE. Please make sure your machine is capable of running an SSH client and has access to Amazon Web Services over SSH (port 22), prior to joining the course.
If you are unable to bring your own laptop and you let us know at least 3 weeks prior to your attendance of this course, our team will be able to provide you with a laptop pre-installed with the above environment.