Are you interested in learning better strategic planning techniques? Do you want a flexible roadmap for iterative delivery? Join Gojko Adzic on this one day intensive workshop that will give you the basics skills and techniques to do your own Impact Mapping.
Impact Mapping is a strategic planning technique that helps organisations manage flexible roadmaps for iterative delivery, by clearly communicating assumptions, helping teams align their activities with overall business objectives and make better delivery decisions. Impact mapping can help you build products and deliver projects that make an impact, not just ship software.
Attendees of this interactive workshop will spend a day with Gojko learning about the basics of Impact Mapping, and have the opportunity to try it out in practice on several realistic examples to understand the key facilitation techniques and learn how to run and apply Impact Mapping sessions in their organisations.
Learn how to:
- how to ensure that you're building the right product
- how to align the activities of delivery teams and the organisation around them
- how to make an impact with software products and projects
- how to communicate overall goals and vision to delivery teams
- how to facilitate impact mapping sessions
- how to build a delivery roadmap and backlog with impact maps
- how to create good user stories
This one day workshop will involve both lecture and hands on activities using realistic examples.
Are you a senior software delivery person or a business sponsor working with software teams primarily in an agile or lean environment. In order to attend the workshop, you should have a basic knowledge of iterative delivery methods and at least some experience of working in a Scrum, XP or Kanban-like delivery.