Are you ready to simplify the web application process? Are you using or considering using React for a project? If you want to learn to design, create and maintain complex and modern rich web applications using React and Redux, this class is for you!
If you are struggling with web application complexity and looking to break free from your legacy spaghetti nightmare, join Damjan Vujnovic on this exciting and hands on workshop. React is a clean and elegant way to manage the state of your application. This three-day course will help you learn the skills you need to be productive and write elegant, maintainable code.
Learn how to:
- Write robust, elegant, testable and maintainable code
- Think about the state of your application in new ways
- Apply a refined understanding of pure functions and immutability to your coding
- Make your application talk to the server and tame the complexity of asynchronous code
- Use modern tools to super-charge your development
- setup (nodejs, Babel, Webpack)
- Introduction/big picture
- Declarative vs. Imperative
- COmponents, Components, Components
- Lifecycle hooks
- Virtual DOM and reconciliation
- Handling events
- Working with forms
- State management strategies
- Inter-component communication
- Higher-order components
- Declarative routing using React Router
- Render props
- Best practices and common pitfalls
- Data flow
- Redux store
- Writing Reducers
- Combining Reducers
- Actions and action creators
- Asynchronous operations
- Using thunk middleware
If you are an experienced Web Developer and you want to learn how to design, create and maintain complex and modern rich web applications using React and Redux, this is the course for you!
Bring your own hardware
You will need to bring a personal laptop to participate fully in this course so you can develop using your own IDE and tools. Please ensure you will have a modern web browser, Visual Studio Code or any other text-editor/IDE and the latest version of Node.js pre-installed, before joining us at this course.
If you are unable to bring your own laptop and you let us know at least 2 weeks prior to your attendance of this course, our team will be able to provide you with a laptop pre-installed with the above environment.