This advanced two-day Python training course (Python 3 unless Python 2 is specifically requested) provides experienced Python developers the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience with Python. Build on your experience and come away with an sophisticated grasp of the various functions and advantages underpinning the Python language.
- Learn cutting edge skills and tools that continue to drive Python's popularity -
Interested in diving into the complex world of advanced flow classes and abstract base classes? Join Robert Smallshire, Founding Director of Sixty North and renowned speaker on software architecture and languages, as he delves into the fascinating corners and secrets of Python, from metaclasses and class decorators to byte-oriented programming. This a comprehensive insight into the deep world of Python and what it offers those keen for the challenge.
This advanced Python course starts with analyzing and understanding working examples so you can better understand the various interdependent techniques in situ rather than in isolation.
Who you will be learning with
Experienced Python developers and members of the tech community with have a solid understanding and background in Python who are interested in further broadening their use of Python.
How to apply these skills
Bring an advanced understanding of Python to make significant improvements to your existing product development as well as to import best practices learned during the course to your processes.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only commit to growing your own skillset, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
Learn how to:
- Utilize advanced flow control and byte-oriented programming
- Best apply object internals and custom attributes
- Advance your use of descriptors and slots
- Metaclasses and class decorators
- Abstract base classes
- The numeric tower and conversions
- Numeric operators in depth
- Advanced collections
- Coroutines and advanced generators
- Understand the import system
- Go from source code to execution
- Publish to the Python Package Index
Day 1 Low Level Python
- Using else with for, while, and try
- Dispatching call on argument type
- Emulating switch statements in Python
- bytearray, and bytes revisited
- The memoryview and struct modules
- Understanding object internals
- Ipmlementing custom attributes
- Fine-trained attribute controls with descriptors
- Memory optimization with slots
- Customizing instance creation
- Controlling class creation with metaclasses
- Augmenting classes with class decorators
Day 2 High Level Python
- Abstract base classes
- Relating numeric types with the numeric tower
- Implementing new numeric types
- The collections module, array, frozenset, and namedtuple
- slice objects and extended slicing syntax
- Nesting generators with yeild from
- yield as an expression,k and the send()method
- Coroutines, event pipelines, and reactive programming
- Controlling the import process with importlib and import()
- Code-as-data with eval(), compile(), and exec()
- Using the ast module to work with python's abstract syntax trees
- Uploading and publishing to the Python Package Index (PyPI)