This two-day blockchain training course will cover the technological basis for Bitcoin, including how and why it works. You will also explore some of the new platforms, cryptocurrencies and smart contract systems that are emerging in Bitcoin’s wake, including Ethereum, Hyperledger, Chain, Blockstream, and Zcash, while looking at how to build running applications on these platforms.
- Drive your development strategies through an advanced knowledge of blockchain technologies -
Join Brian Sletten, consultant and speaker in disruptive technologies, as he gives you a deep dive into the ideas and tools that will help innovators disrupt organizations, markets, entire industries and even aspects of society. After developing your understanding of the landscape of blockchain technologies and how to choose between them, Brian will lead you through designing and building Smart contract-based applications using Solidity and on the Ethereum platform, as well as building a Hyperledger-based application using Chaincode.
Bitcoin has spurred the imagination and launched entirely new classes of distributed, consensus-driven value exchange networks that are set to revolutionize seemingly unrelated industries. Understanding why Bitcoin has succeeded and what comes next is going to be crucial for architects, developers and business people moving forward.
Who you will be sitting next to
Find yourself next to experienced developers and architects as well as those with programming experience who are interested in how blockchain technologies will continue to be shaped in the future.
How to apply these skills
Apply a comprehensive understanding of where blockchain has come from and where it is going, as well as the specific tools and platforms being used to drive disruptive innovation, to inform your future business and development strategies.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only commit to growing your own skillset, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
FullStack Fringe Package
Interested in taking Blockchain on 9th - 10th July? Make it a week of learning by joining us for FullStack 2018, and get a special discount on your conference ticket!
Learn how to:
- Understand the problem of distributed consensus and how Blockchains can address them
- Understand the landscape of blockchain technologies and how to choose between them
- Design and build Smart contract-based applications of the Solidity language and the Ethereum platform
- Design and build a Hyperledger-based application using Chaincode
- Imagine distributed applications that work at the organization, industry or society levels
- Explain when Blockchains make sense and when they do not
- Predict which markets are likely to be disrupted by Blockchain technologies
- The details of Bitcoin and blockchains
- Smart contracts
- The Solidity Contract Language
- Setting up Ethereum clients
- Running private networks for development and testing
- Sample Decentralized Applications (DApps)
- Private transactions
- Introduction to Enterprise Blockchain systems such as Hyperledger and Chain
This course will be comprehensive and accessible to intermediate to advanced developers and architects, although more junior technical people and business people will benefit as well.