Interested in Bitcoin and the evolving industry of cryptocurrency? Ready to learn about smart contracts, Ethereum, Blockstream, and other platforms as well as discovering how to build running applications on these platforms? This course is for you!
Bitcoin has roundly entered the public consciousness, but the specifics of the cryptocurrency are just the beginning. It has spurred the imagination and launched entirely new classes of distributed, consensus-driven value exchange networks that are set to revolutionize seemingly unrelated industries. The Financial Technology (Fintech) movement has been accelerated by these new ideas. Understanding why Bitcoin has succeeded and what comes next is going to be crucial for architects, developers and business people moving forward.
This course will cover the technological basis for Bitcoin including how and why it works. We will also look at some of the new platforms, cryptocurrencies and smart contract systems that are emerging in Bitcoin’s wake. This includes Ethereum, Hyperledger, Chain, Blockstream, Zcash and details on how to build running applications on these platforms. These ideas and tools will help innovators disrupt organizations, markets, entire industries and even aspects of society. It sounds like science fiction, but these thing are already happening. Come learn how.
Learn how to:
- Understand the problem of distributed consensus and how Blockchains can address them
- Understand the landscape of blockchain technologies and how to choose between them
- Design and build Smart contract-based applications of the Solidity language and the Ethereum platform
- Design and build a Hyperledger-based application using Chaincode
- Imagine distributed applications that work at the organization, industry or society levels
- Explain when Blockchains make sense and when they do not
- Predict which markets are likely to be disrupted by Blockchain technologies
- The details of Bitcoin and blockchains
- Smart contracts
- The Solidity Contract Language
- Setting up Ethereum clients
- Running private networks for development and testing
- Sample Decentralized Applications (DApps)
- Private transactions
- Introduction to Enterprise Blockchain systems such as Hyperledger and Chain
This course will be comprehensive and accessible to intermediate to advanced developers and architects, although more junior technical people and business people will benefit as well.