Are you ready to maximise the effectiveness of enterprise level transformation and ensure your IT architecture provides the best solution between strategy and technical innovation? Join veteran Silicon Valley architect Gregor Hohpe in this exciting 2 day workshop
Many large enterprises are under pressure from the rapid digitisation of the world: digital disruptors attack established businesses with new business models, agility, and freedom from legacy, forcing traditional enterprises to transform their IT organisation from a pure low-cost service provider to a business partner. IT architects play a central role in such a transformation as they are able form a critical link between business strategy and technical innovation. This workshops prepares IT architects for an active role in driving the digital transformation of a large enterprise by extending their horizon to navigate organisational politics, communicate with senior management, harness complexity, and steer external vendors.
The 2-day workshop affords participants direct interaction with a Silicon Valley veteran and chief architect of a major insurance corporation undergoing an ambitious IT transformation. The workshop focuses on cultural, organisational and communication aspects rather than specific technologies.
Learn how to:
- Transform processes and practices by focusing on technical innovation
- Build a world-class team
- Translate corporate strategy into IT infrastructure
- Use models and patterns to make better more informed decisions
- Establish architecture as discipline in the enterprise
- The digital revolution
- "Digital Giants" – what’s their secret sauce?
- Architects: the cornerstone of a digital transformation
- Knowing architecture
- The value of architecture
- The architect elevator: from the penthouse to the engine room
- The Penthouse
- Understanding and translating corporate strategy
- Organizations as systems
- Engaging management
- The Middle Floors
- Thinking in Systems
- Better decisions with models and patterns
- Articulating architecture
- Managing vendors
- The Engine Room
- Establishing architecture as discipline in the enterprise
- Staying up-to-date
- Building a world-class team
The workshop targets experienced architects in large organisations, ranging from infrastructure architects to software and enterprise architects.