Are you interested in learning about how to best orchestrate and manage containerized apps in production? This course is for you! Join Daniele Polencic to learn how to use the Kubernetes platform for automating deployment, scaling and operations of application containers.
With the explosive momentum of Docker, Kubernetes has become the de-facto standard for orchestrating and managing containerized apps in production. In this course, you'll take an app, build it into a docker container then use Kubernetes to deploy, scale, and update it.
In the first part you'll learn the basics of running Docker containers and how to deploy them to Kubernetes. You will be introduced to the key concepts of Kubernetes, its architecture and how best to leverage the tools available to manage it.
The second part is focused on developing real world architectures on Kubernetes. You'll learn how to containerise and deploy applications that use different architectural styles such as a queue based messaging system. You'll also learn advanced debugging techniques and be able to inspect and solve common issues you're likely to encounter on the platform. Lastly, you'll learn how to secure your application against common threats.
Learn how to:
- Be confident in packaging up and running your applications as Docker containers
- Deployed a demo app to Kubernetes
- Know how to architect your microservice to best leverage Kubernetes
- Be able to debug issues in running containers deployed in Kubernetes
- Recognise the jargon used by Kubernetes aficionados
- Understand how to automate your deployment to Kubernetes
- Intro to Docker
- How to containerise an application
- Running containers
- Debugging containers
- Anatomy of a Kubernetes cluster
- Starting a local Kubernetes cluster
- Deploying an application to a local Kubernetes cluster
- Ingress in depth
- Storing data in Kubernetes
- Managing configuration
- Managing Secrets
- Deploying an application to a remote Kubernetes cluster
- Deploying with templated files
- Troubleshooting deployments
- Describing resources
- Delete, apply, create resources
- Testing services, pods and ingresses
- Editing deployments
- Deploying real apps
- Deploying an application with environment variables
- Deploying a 2 containers pod
- Deploying an application with websockets
- Deploying a 3 tier architecture
- Deploying a queue based application
- Best practises
- Scanning containers
- Authorisation plugins
- Security context/policies
Do you have a basic understanding of Docker and want to expand your knowledge on how to deploy containers ? This course is for you!
If you're evaluating tools for container orchestration and wish to understand how Kubernetes would fit into your deployment pipeline or if you want a hands-on approach on how to quickly deploy your applications via Kubernetes without having to wade through mountains of documentation - Join us for this Kubernetes for Developers Workshop!
Bring your own hardware
To benefit most from this Kubernetes course, please bring your own laptop, so you can develop with your own tools and languages, rather than something that is not familiar. Whilst Minikube and kubectl do work on Windows, we strongly encourage you to bring along a Unix machine (linux/mac) to the course if you can.
If you are not able to bring in your own laptop, please contact the Skills Matter team on +44 207 1839040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit all laptop requests a minimum of 48 hours prior to the course as laptops are subject to availability.