Are you interested in unleashing the power of functional programming? Join Riccardo Terrell on this exciting new course and learn best practices necessary to build concurrent and scalable programs in .NET covering OnPrem and Cloud based applications.
This course will be a hands on workshop will explore the powerful and accessible tool of parallel computation. Used across a range of industries and applications, this course will describe how to most effectively utilise multi-core computation and optimise performance.
Become the master of the multicore domain. Learn how to harness the powers of parallel computation and multicore computation to dominate peer applications in finance software, video games, web applications and market analysis. To yield the most performance, computer programmers have to partition and divide computations to maximise the performance while taking full advantage of multicore processors. Start your path from Padawan to Jedi, after this workshop you will be ready to return to work and have code bend to your will. This course will introduce you to technologies and tools available to developers at every level who are interested in achieving exceptional performance in applications.
This course provides information about how to write readable, more modular, and maintainable code in both C# and F#, languages which will function at peak performance with fewer lines of code, resulting in increased productivity and successful programs. Ultimately, armed with new found skills, the attendees will have the knowledge needed to become an expert at delivering successful high-performance solutions, which are able to adapt and optimise the resource consumption depending if running locally, on OnPrem or on Cloud infrastructures.
Learn how to:
- How to leverage multicore computation, increasing the capacity and speed of their programs.
- Major theories and best practices
- Hands on work designing projects to learn the key principles and techniques.
- Concurrent and parallel programming designs
By the end of the course participants will know how to build concurrent and scalable programs in .NET using the functional paradigm.
- Why Choose Functional Programming for Concurrency
- Functional Programming Techniques for Concurrency
- How to overcome concurrent issues
- Building high-performance concurrent systems
- Design and develop systems that run on the Cloud maximizing performance by leveraging the resources available
- Integrating concurrent programming abstractions
- High-volume real-time event stream processing
- Design Patterns for Concurrent Apps
- Accelerate sequential programs
- Creating a data-access layer to handle massive concurrent requests
- Asynchronous Functional Combinators
- Applying Reactive Programming Everywhere with Agents and Actors
- How to develop applications that scale up & out
- How to write scalable and robust server-side asynchronous code for the Cloud
Are you a software engineer, developer or solution architect who wants to break the bonds of sequential programming and leverage the power of multi-core computers? Or are you know OO technologies but are interested in learning about 'Functional Programming'? Are you interested in combining different program paradigms and concurrent libraries to dramatically reduce bugs? Then this course is for you!
2-3 years of professional experience and a basic knowledge of a programming language. No experience in functional programming is necessary.
Bring your own hardware
To benefit most from this course, please bring your own laptop, so you can develop with your own tools and languages, rather than something you are not familiar with.
If you are not able to bring in your own laptop, please contact the Skills Matter team on +44 207 1839040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit all laptop requests a minimum of 48 hours prior to the course as laptops are subject to availability.