Are you interested in diving deeper into Node.js? Do you have an understanding of the basics and are now ready to learn how to build performant applications? This course is for you!
Node.js is great for real-time services, but what do you do when performance starts lacking? This course aims to empower your team with the required knowledge to identify, troubleshoot and improve performance issues in Node.js applications.
FullStack Fringe Package
Interested in taking Advanced Node.js on 16th - 17th July? Make it a week of learning by joining us for FullStack 2018, and get a special discount on your conference ticket!
Call or email our team for more information.
Learn how to:
- Understand how Node.js works
- Design Node.js applications that scale
- Set performance goals
- Integrate performance goals in the development process
- Efficiently find and troubleshoot performance goals
- How to define and measure the performance of your app
- Load generation and benchmarking
- Using tools and Tools and techniques for monitoring
- Understanding the event loop and measuring event loop lag
- Profiling V8 CPU usage
- How the GC works and its impact on performance
- Using heapdumps to analyze V8 memory
- Fixing I/O-bound, CPU-bound, and memory-bound processes
- Techniques to improve performance of hot code paths
- Using tools to monitor performance
- Finding performance bottlenecks
- Troubleshooting performance problems
- Profiling and application and improving response time
This course is perfect for developers, architects and engineers who already have a basic understanding of Node.js but are interested in extending their understanding and learning how to develop performant applications.
Attendees should have some experience with server side application development, Linux or other Unix based systems, and more than a basic understanding of Node.js and operating systems.
Bring your own hardware
To participate in this Node.js course you are required to bring your own laptop so you can develop with your own tools and languages.