With some of the world’s largest companies and over 50 per cent of US enterprises utilizing cloud technology, there has never been a greater need for experts to drive innovative product development. This three-day Cloud Native course provides a comprehensive insight into Cloud Native applications, why they’re important and how to build them efficiently.
- Transform your development strategy with a Cloud Native approach -
In a highly collaborative learning environment, Russ Miles, CEO of ChaosIQ.io, will highlight and explore best practice for Cloud Native application design. This includes transitioning Java applications to the Cloud; incorporating the Strangler Application pattern; and deployment, management and monitoring. Enrich your understanding of various deployment models, from traditional Container-based to Serverless, while building upon your experience with new techniques such as the Chaos Engineering Approach.
Who you will be sitting next to
Java developers looking to build 12-factor Cloud Native applications as well as developers, DevOps engineers and infrastructure engineers with previous experience with Java.
How to apply these skills
Make room for new business development insights and growth by understanding how a Cloud Native approach can transform your company’s IT strategy.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only grow your own skill set, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
Learn how to:
- Build complex Cloud Native applications from the ground up, applying best practices
- Migrate existing applications towards Cloud Native
- Use the tools and platforms that are emerging to help you build and manage your cloud native solutions including Kubernetes, Prometheus, and platforms from Google, Amazon and Microsoft
- Understand how a Cloud Native approach may change your company’s IT strategy
Day 1 - Understanding and Migrating Towards Cloud Native
- Twelve Factors and Cloud Native Applications
- The Hexagonal Architecture
- Externalising Configuration
- Building for Separate Environments
- Server Configuration
- Externalising Secrets
- Spring Cloud Vault
- Consumer Driven Contracts
- CI/CD to Containers
- Managing State
Day 2 - Designing and Building Cloud Native RESTful and Event-Driven Services
- REST and Rest Maturity
- RESTful service API with Spring MVC
- Spring Cloud Feign
- Service Discovery and Routing
- Connecting to the outside world
- Zuul and Filtering and Proxying
- Edge Security with OAuth
- Microservice-level Security
- Implementing Messaging with Spring Cloud Stream
Day 3 - Being an Observable System, Going Serverless & Chaos
- Building the Observable System
- Auditing - from IDE to Production
- Effective Application Logging
- Identifying your Services
- Implementing Healthchecks
- Implementing Distributed Tracing
- Going Serverless: When and How
- Serverless Functions for AWS
- Understanding Chaos Engineering
- Chaos Engineering Experiments for Cloud Native Applications
If there is time additional topics may be covered:
- Cloud Native Integration Testing 101
- CQRS using Spring Cloud Data Flow
- Implementing Event Sourcing
If you are a Java developer looking to build 12-factor, Cloud Native applications that are ready for production, this Cloud Native course is for you!
To benefit from this Cloud Native course, you should have be an experienced Java developer and have some familiarity with Netflix OSS and SpringBoot/Cloud prior to attending.
Bring your own hardware
You are invited to bring your own laptop to this Cloud Native course, so you can learn with a familiar IDE. Please make sure to pre-install an environment that is suitable for Java, and that enables you to clone and work with git repositories on Github.
If you are unable to bring your own laptop and you are able to let us know at least 3 weeks prior to your attendance of this course, our team will be able to provide you with a laptop pre-installed with the above environment.