Spotify can be more than a source of 90s playlists. This two-day Agile course looks specifically at ‘The Spotify Model’ and how it can apply to your business and development goals. Famous for its approach to Agile, Spotify is a valuable source for the lessons required to improve your own processes.
Joakim Sundén, consultant with Crisp and previous Agile coach at Spotify, leans on his direct experience of co-inventing and implementing ‘The Spotify Model’ to develop your knowledge of what lay behind the scenes of Spotify’s growth, including the challenges the company faced as well as the changes that were both fostered and that emerged as part of its Agile approach.
Learn how to align small autonomous teams, how to use Agile to foster new leaders in your business and lastly how to create room for innovation and growth. Learn and exchange ideas with others who are passionate about agility in business, and through your discussions find new ways to approach your current and future projects.
- Learn what Spotify's Agile approach can do for your product development -
Who you will be sitting next to
Expect to see a range of leaders, managers, Scrum masters, digital producers, developers, Agile coaches and just about anyone interested in how Agile can be best applied to their business and development goals.
How to apply these skills
Apply the lessons learned to either transition your company towards an Agile approach or improve upon your existing efforts. A detailed look into the challenges and opportunities of an Agile approach will help you provide significant business insights to your company’s growth and management strategy.
Book early to receive a discount on the course price and in doing so you will not only commit to growing your own skill set, but help us grow our community of over 140,000 passionate techies.
P3X Fringe Package
Interested in taking Agile at Scale on 6th - 7th November? Make it a week of learning by joining us for P3X 2018, and get a special discount on your conference ticket!
Call or email our team for more information.
Learn how to:
- Create a workplace that enables Agile at scale
- Redesign your organization to better engage employees & leverage the power of autonomous teams
- Combine small, autonomous teams with strategic business alignment
- Work with leadership and emerging leaders
- Tackle challenges which come with agile methodology
- Understand the Spotify development framework and apply it in context to your business
What the community says
"Very informative - Joakim Sundén's knowledge of Spotify was excellent and he gave many good insights their culture. He also made many good recommendations on reading material."Gary Blair, Cubic on 17th Apr 2018
"Joakim is an expert no doubt, I enjoyed his ample experience but also his academic knowledge which is mixed with real life situations, in a practical way that works."Ramon E Lemus, Pull on 17th Apr 2018
- The History of Spotify
- How to Build Great Autonomous Teams (a.k.a squads)
- Organisational Structure to Support the Squads (chapters, tribes, and guilds)
- The Spotify Rhythm & OKRs (cross team, strategic business alignment and prioritization)
- Team and Tribe Leadership
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Competence and Development Frameworks
- Culture, Principles and Values
- How Scrum, Kanban and XP fit into the Spotify Culture
- Think It, Build It, Ship It, Tweak It: The Spotify Product Development Framework
- Sharing and Spreading Knowledge
- Transparency and Communication
- Challenges, Lessons Learned and Failed Experiments
This course is for anyone interested in revitalizing the agile working methods of their business, including progressive leaders and managers, agile coaches, scrum masters, product owners, project managers, organisational change agents, consultants and HR, and their teams.
Basic knowledge of agile principles and practices, e.g. some experience with Scrum, will help you better understand the content.