Want to explore how to model a complex business process, or the whole company software landscape without being trapped in an endless boring analysis phase? Eager to tame complexity with agility, starting in the most appropriate way, with the right understanding of the big picture? EventStorming Workshop unites agile modeling techniques and cutting-edge event-driven approaches with a uniquely engaging format, leading to quick problem-solving and establishing a collaborative approach between key participants.
The result is a clear tangible model, built extremely quickly with the active contribution of all involved roles. Friction points that often lead to wrong implementations are exposed early, and natural, clean modelling options are highlighted.
P3X Fringe Package
Interested in taking EventStorming on 8th - 9th November? Make it a week of learning by joining us for P3X 2018, and get a special discount on your conference ticket!
Call or email our team for more information.
Learn how to:
- Have an accurate model about your problem domain.
- Develop strategies to model key areas.
- Effectively manage the whole system, without falling into the common pitfalls from data-driven architectures.
What the community says
"Alberto as usual at his best. One of the best trainers I have come across."Gayathri, Capgemini on 20th Jul 2018
"Loved the energy and enthusiasm. Loved the doodles and discussion. Wanted more time to write it all down!"Donal, Red Hat on 20th Jul 2018
"Absolutely brilliant. Great anecdotes, useful insight, and clear instructions. Can't ask for more."Ben, Pivotal on 27th Apr 2018
EventStorming as a discovery tool
- Quick kick-off: where are we and where we want to go.
- Real world Big Picture EventStorming, mastering complexity and unknowns in large scale modelling.
- Managing conflicts, highlighting risk, and the problems really worth solving.
- The facilitator’s toolbox revealed.
- Improving our process exploring motivations of different actors.
- The Change agent’s perspective: why it’s going to be hard even when improvement is obvious, and how to deal with stalemates.
- Everything’s connected: Lean & Kanban, complexity and organization limits.
- Working with startups vs. working with established companies.
- EventStorming as a platform for problem solving.
- ModelStorming: modelling everything without a clue (and yet deliver).
Using EventStorming to design a system
- Design-Level EventStorming: leveraging collaborative modelling to sketck bullet-proof model quickly.
- A different perspective on software design: the picture that explains everything.
- Make policies explicit.
- Discover aggregates.
- Design around the bottleneck.
- Blending User Experience Design and Service Design into Software Design.
- Triggering bullet-proof design with visible state.
- The transaction illusion.
- From sticky notes to working software. When to go for a sophisticated architecture.