Are you interested in building semantic yet simple software that correctly serves its purpose? Join DDD expert and business software artist Marco Heimeshoff for this intensive three day workshop exploring the technical relationship between code, culture and architecture and learn how to model and implement software from a business perspective.
You will learn how to scale your application so that any number of queries can be handled, while also maintaining a behaviour rich domain model that can deal with complex scenarios. Discover how Event Sourcing enables you to build highly cohesive and decoupled modules and changes the way you write and communicate about tests forever.
These patterns will help you to put your energy where the business value is, by letting you partition your team by their expertise and outsource the busy work. Drawing from Domain-driven design concepts, write code with Command Query Response Segregation and learn how Event Sourcing tells a story in domain terms.
Keep your software system design in line with your organisation's needs, improve readability, and strengthen your communication with key stakeholders.
Learn how to:
- Understand Domain-driven design (DDD) and when it applies
- Model the problem domain and explore multiple solutions to choose from
- Align your design with your business needs using CQRS and DDD
- Build scalable and decoupled applications with Event Sourcing
What the community says
"Excellent slides, very happy to answer questions."Michael, Ratesetter on 14th Jun 2019
"Very open to Q&A. Good style in answering questions. So patient!"James, Ratesetter on 14th Jun 2019
- Domain-driven design overview: Essential patterns and practices
- Defining a Ubiquitous Language
- Domain model implementation patterns
- Bounded Contexts
- Applying DDD in practice
- Capturing user intention instead of editing data
- Implementing business behaviour in semantic code
- Applying Event Sourcing
- Testing with Domain Events using Behaviour Driven Development
- Implementing Aggregates, Entities and Value Objects
- Decoupling Bounded Contexts
- Dealing with performance optimisation and snapshots
- Implementing read models
- Projecting Event Streams into poly-structured data
- Dealing with eventual consistency
- Building distributed systems with Pub/Sub
- Automating business processes with Sagas
- Strategies for long lived, evolving Event Sourced systems
- Discussing benefits, risks and socio-technical implications of CQRS and Event Sourcing
If you are an Architect or Senior Developer with a strong interest in Domain Driven Design and modern message-driven architectures then this DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing course is for you!
To benefit from this DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing course, you should have existing professional software development experience. Some prior knowledge about DDD, CQRS and Event Sourcing is helpful, but this is not a prerequisite.
Bring your own hardware
You are invited to bring your own laptop with your preferred IDE to this DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing course, so you can learn using the tools, languages and IDEs you are already familiar with, and can focus on learning the new concepts and skills covered in this course.
Please ensure you have a unit-testing framework installed that works in your favourite programming language.
If you are unable to bring your own laptop and you let us know as soon as possible or at least 1 week prior to your attendance of this course, our team can provide you with a laptop that is pre-installed with the relevant environment.