Are you adopting Docker or Kubernetes to build and maintain robust, highly-available self-healing applications? Join Matt Saunders for this intensive Docker Fundamentals course and learn the key concepts and practises of containerization, and how to containerize on a single node. Then learn the foundations of orchestration, and how to scale out with Docker Swarm and Kubernetes across multiple nodes with seamless scalability.
The course is a combination of virtual classroom lectures and hands-on guided tutorials where you'll deploy real applications on real infrastructure, with Matt's knowledge and experience guiding you all the way.
Upon completion of this Docker Fundamentals course, you will understand the foundations of containerization and the container security model.
Learn how to:
- Work with Docker at the Linux level
- Understand the concepts of Docker and Kubernetes networking and how this works inside a cluster
- Build, run and manage Docker images
- Manage data inside and outside of Docker with volumes
- Manage secrets inside the cluster using Docker and Kubernetes security models
- Deploy an application with multiple components using Docker Compose, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Scale those applications out to Web scale
- Understand how to modernise your software supply-chain with Docker and Kubernetes
The first half of the course looks at the complexities of delivering functional software, with a focus on moving software through different environments (eg. from a developer's workstation, through a QA environment, staging, and finally into production). You will be shown how it is easy to do this by packaging applications with Docker. We go through why Docker exists and why it is popular, before moving on to workshops that explore running Docker containers and making Docker images.
- Introducing Docker
- Containerization Fundamentals
- Creating Images
- Docker Volumes
- Docker Networking Basics
- Orchestration Basics
Capacity management and Kubernetes operators
The second half of the course we deal with how to make Docker containers effectively and efficiently, both on a single machine and also in a cluster, using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes. We'll go into detail on the relative merits of both Docker and Kubernetes, and give you a foundational knowledge of how to ship reliable distributed applications.
- Introduction to Docker Compose
- Introduction to Docker Swarm
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Docker Secrets
If you are an administrator or developer and you want to learn how to administer and build enterprise-grade production systems using Docker, this Docker course is for you!
To benefit from this Docker course, you should be familiar with Linux command line, but don't need any prior experience using Docker.