Akka Streams enables the consumption of streaming data, in a fully non-blocking, asynchronous manner. It also allows us to consume that data while providing non-blocking backpressure to prevent mailbox overflows.
Learn how to:
Over these two days of hands-on coding, we will learn the components that make up the Akka Streams API and how they interact, as well as review and experiment with a broad range of different Akka Streams components. Through this, you will develop a workshop case study and produce an application based on a streaming architecture.
Available datesDates coming soon
Our team is happy to discuss other options with you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ref:
Private tuition and large-group discounts are also available. Find out more here.
Who should take this course?
This workshop is for an Intermediate Level. Knowledge of and practical experience with Scala and Akka is recommended. See 'Prerequisites' below for full details.
- Registrants must have access to a computer with Java 8+
- Code examples and exercises will be written in Scala, so a basic knowledge of Scala is required.
- We will leverage operations similar to those in the Scala collections API. Knowledge of the collections API is expected.
- We will need concepts from Akka Actors. A basic knowledge of Actors, Dispatchers, and Mailboxes is required.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the basic concepts of Akka Streams
- Know how to build linear streams using Sources, Sinks, and Flows
- Know how to implement fault tolerant streams
- Know how to introduce non-linear graph shapes into your streams
- Be confident to start using Akka Streams in production systems