The Advanced Workshop is for developers that have already tried out Embedded Rust, and want to learn more.
We'll cover some of the more advanced topics of working productively with Rust on bare-metal systems. Using RTIC, an interrupt drviven concurrency framework for building real-time systems, we'll build an app that does the USB enumeration.
Learn how to:
By the end of the Advanced Workshop, you will know:
- How to build and run embedded applications (refresher)
- How to write and debug evented, time sensitive code
- How to test no_std code
- How to handle errors in a long-lived application
Starts at 3:00 PM BST (3:00 PM UTC)
Our team is happy to discuss other options with you.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention ref:
Private tuition and large-group discounts are also available. Find out more here.
Who should take this course?
Attendees should have a knowledge of Rust and a basic knowledge of embedded systems.
We recommend you take the Embedded Rust: Beginners Workshop.
Bring your own hardware
This course requires additional hardware:
- 2 Micro-USB cables
Over 3.5 hours this workshop covers:
- Code organisation
- Listing USB Devices
- Checking the API Documentation
- RTIC hello, world!
- Dealing with Registers
- Event Handling
- Task State
- USB Enumeration step by step
- Additional USB standard requests
- Error handling
- Dealing with unknown requests
- Idle state
- Inspecting the Descriptors