Are you a FullStack Ruby on Rails Developer looking to take your career to the next level?
We're looking for a senior developer with at least three years relevant industry experience to join our dev team.If you like what we do and are ready to bring into play your strong communication, collaboration and developer skills to deploy awesome features to the community and make our team better, then we'd love to hear from you! Interested? Apply now!
Join our team!
We're looking for a passionate, full stack, Rails developer to join the team and help create awesome new software and features for the business and the skillsmatter.com developer community.
You'll be based with the team at “CodeNode”, our 23,000sqft tech event space just moments from Liverpool street and Moorgate stations and a short walk to Old Street and “Tech City”. As well as a great location we offer pension contributions; top-spec kit; health care and cycle to work schemes and, for you parents out there, a child care voucher scheme. Our access to the most advanced workshops, conferences and tech meetups cannot be beaten (as we run them!) and you will be able to take full advantage of these.
A bit more about how we like to work
We've adopted a lean agile approach to software development, our small dev team work along with a product owner using Pivotal Tracker to manage stories and tasks to give us a truly lightweight and agile day to day work-flow.
We believe in:
- Morning stand-ups with a good cup of coffee to quickly share recent results, challenges or blockers and set a course of action for the day.
- Pair programming to ensures continuous learning and sharing of knowledge, better code design, and a more economical effort.
- Test-Driven Development to produce thoroughly-covered, well-factored, and adaptable code.
- Continuous Integration, to catch bugs and conflicts and give us the confidence to push new code and features to the live production system (sometimes multiple times per day)
- Planning Meetings: Devs and POs have a weekly planning meeting to discuss and point stories in the backlog and plan the next weeks sprint
- Retrospectives: We get together at the end of each weekly sprint for a retrospective, usually involving snacks and a beer, to discuss the highs and lows of the week and take note of any actions we need to take going forwards.
and finally.... the stack!
Currently Rails 4; Heroku; Postgres; ElasticSearch; Redis; Zurb Foundation 5, Jquery and a smidgen of Angular JS with Jasmine. The future? well a keen interest and demonstrable skills around "mobile first", "reactive", "offline", "progressive" web app development will be a definite plus!
Sound exciting? Get in touch!
If you like what we do and are ready to bring into play your strong communication, collaboration and developer skills to deploy awesome features to the community and make our team better .... then we'd love to hear from you!
Just send your CV (with cover note) to firstname.lastname@example.org and be part of it!
|David Carville||+44 (0)207 183 email@example.com|